ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Chromebook with touchpad?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Is it the Acer C270 thing?

I've no idea about computers. My laptops dead and I don't particularly like tablets but they're good for taking away and watching films on.

So after a Chromebook (nothing apple, dislike!) but want one with the splittable tablet so I can take it away and use a touchscreen but still have a keyboard.

Also want a HDMI output for my tv!

Any links?

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Beware Chromebooks for watching movies! I have one and it is a great bit of kit for just picking up and using, battery lasts an age too, however some online movie sites require "silverlight player" which installs on a normal browser in the background. Wont install on a Chromebook.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Theres one chromebook with a touch screen and its not cheap and doesn't split.

If you want a splittable tablet, get an android one.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ah yes you can't install silverlight and flash or something? Doesn't work on my android phone.

What about a windows touch/laptop?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cheers but I'm not looking to spend a lot, that's why I liked the chromebooks. Sub 250

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Have seen some refurbed ones on Tesco outlet.

My current laptop is a 130 quid dell latitude thing I bought off phuzion in 2010!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have seen some refurbed ones on Tesco outlet.

My current laptop is a 130 quid dell latitude thing I bought off phuzion in 2010!

Sounds like mine! My one is still working! :eek:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ha, yeah I bought a few for mates. They've done well. Mines really slow now though and the fan throws a wobbler now and again and turns itself off.

Plus it's not the lightest to take away with me!

Been a beast tho, bargain.