ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Insurance

pug 306 [Getting 172 Cup]
For a 19 year old lad on a 172?

Im afraid to say I have no no claims have had my lcence two years, two years as a named driver.

best quote so far £2600. I need this to come down a bit.

Im toying with the idea of tpft for a year and being as carful as I can!! is this just stupid?? best tpft quote £1775.

Any help apprieciated.

Cheers ppl,

Re: Cheapest Insurance (0n 172 cup for 19 yr old lad)

Any one?? Please?

All ppl I work with are calling me insaine!! are they right?? should I forget about 172 for a couple of years?

Please Help me!!!

That is true,

What do you think to the tpft idea?? Is that just stupid?

I find it hard to justify insurance over 2k. but if I could get a fully comp quote for £2200 Id take it.

Would you go tpft on a 172 cup? worth 6k? Im not sure if I should, Ive got a mate who just binned a cupra 1.8 turbo worth 4 k and he only had tpft. that does scare me.

I really duno what to do

Cro

Meg'd r27
change to a 172 non cup and the insurance should go down a fair bit. Like greenlight dont even touch cups because of the fact they have no abs

Black Gold with cup packs
They are the same group and price with my insurance company.
I know alot of people who went TPFT at a younger age because they were too impatient to wait for them to be eligable for a tidy quote when they get older.
My advice!!!! Don't drive like a Tard and you will be ok.
Have you been a named driver over the past 2 years, or have you been driving like a TARD

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I wouldn't go tpft, especially with a cup.

As said try an fullfat instead, the insurance is cheaper and try Greenlight Insurance or Adrian Flux.

TBH £2,600 sounds pretty good for you age.

Personally, I would wait untill your 21 and have some NCB. The amount you will waste insurance as I bit mad.

Take a 1.6 16v out for a spin and see what you think when you look at the difference in insurance quotes.

Shed.
That is true,

What do you think to the tpft idea?? Is that just stupid?

I find it hard to justify insurance over 2k. but if I could get a fully comp quote for £2200 Id take it.

Would you go tpft on a 172 cup? worth 6k? Im not sure if I should, Ive got a mate who just binned a cupra 1.8 turbo worth 4 k and he only had tpft. that does scare me.

I really duno what to do

On a 172...no. Your 19. Yeah. Well, i think your pretty sick if you wanna pay that. I was all up for getting a 172 for about a month and then i took everyone's advice and now am aming for something a little smaller, i COULD scrape a 172. But think about it, being skint isnt really worth it. Is it. Not for a car anyways. Think about tax, tyres, mot, servicing and dont forget good old mr cambastard.

Im 18 btw, was thinking about getting one at 19. Full time job or not. Insurance companies will class you as a f**king liability as your young and have no noclaims, just accept it. and go look for a 1.6 16v or somehting and modify it.

I have been a named driver, (I have read the post about this - so please no comments on it!!)

Ive had a 1.6 for the past 2 years, getting bored of it. Want a real project car, I know the first two years will only be changing of lights blacking out windows and wheels and bonnet, but then I can go to work.

My mates have cars like GTI's and Cupra turbos my 1.6 is just does not keep up.

I am a sensible driver, (maybe not a sensible person) I am giving real consideration to doing the first year tpft.

I have a fair wage so the car will have to do well to eat all my cash!! (I only have a car - no mortgage or anything)

Think its time to bite the bullet and just do it.

Cheers

MY10 R35 GTR
tbh honest mate if ur willin to put a 6k car on tpft ur mad!!!! Thats basically saying if you have a smash and cars a write off u dont mind u've lost 6k!!!!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
tbh honest mate if ur willin to put a 6k car on tpft ur mad!!!! Thats basically saying if you have a smash and cars a write off u dont mind u've lost 6k!!!!

imagine someone crashing into your car and driving off.

Look around and try confused and money supermarket.

renault clio 172 2002
hello all im new to all this is there any special way to chat on here or do you just share your opinions with the forums

Black 172
Im 20, 1 years no claim. Insurance: £2200 (fully comp)

With elephant.co.uk you can't go wrong son.

renault clio 172 2002
ok mate cheers for the reply im sure i will get used to it ive looked on here for quite some time and some off the advice i see is very usefull

I have to say that I never thought about someone crashin into me and drivin off.

I do not know what to do,

Think i will jut have to give it a think and see what looks like the best idea.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Imagine if you had an accident on roundabout, they almost always go 50/50.

tpft isn't worth it mate.

As while you argue who's fault it is, which can take a year in one of my cases your car won't get repaired

172mk2 - flame
22 0NCB 1008 FC with FlexiBell <- best I could find. Hell was I skint last month paying that off.

Ok I have a plan of action,

Im going to 1 sell my current car as it is expensive to run, (ofr a 1.6 I mean)

Im going to get a 1L or 1.1L worth 1K at the most, to last me 9months, in that time Im going to save money to pay for fully comp insurance and to reduce loan for car, I though about waiting till 21 but I really do not want to. I want one as soon as I can have one. + Although I could get one right now, I do not want the whole cars and all the insurance on credit. the payments would not skint me but it would take £450 ish off me each month! if I can pay the insurance in one lump and reduce the loan by 2K then my monthly payments will be much smaller.

Got 9 months to plan what Im going to do to the car now!!!

I will no dought be asking for advice. I will let you all know as soon as I have my 172 cup.

O and saying the car is just a 172 not a 172 cup does indeed reduce the insurance, with one company by £400 most companies it was £200.

1 years no claims would save me £500, (Im glad about this as I got told the insurance would stay the same for the next 3 years at least!! - Some one at work told me this)

And to all you cup owners GGGRRRRRRRRrrrrr lol

Yup Think its worth a look,

Where abouts are you??

If you can email me your post code so I can use google maps to locate you mate,

email is u00836 mclean [at] hotmail . co . uk (All one word mate)

Cheers

Sneddo