ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest place to get a replacement Clio key?

2004 182FF
I'm an idiot, I had my car key in a zipped pocket in my leather jacket (didn't meant to take it out) on a night out a few weeks ago and somehow lost it. I haven't driven my car in 3.5 weeks as Uni is really hectic and my spare is at my parents.

Any idea where the cheapest place for a replacement it? I'm not even gonna ask Renault :(

clio 182 'full fat'
its about £150 quid from renault, the only other alternative is to geta key made from an auto electricians (what i just done) cost me £65 quid
doesnt have remote central locking but it gets me into the car and starts it, good enough for a backup! only draw back is you have to go through passenger door LOL

Seat Ibiza
And the immobiliser??? Doesn't it have a chip inside of it? I used to have one for my golf, it would start but die straight away.

clio 182 'full fat'
the key has a chip inside which knocks off the immobiliser, it deactivates the alarm aslong as you start the car within 25 secs of unlocking the door the alarm wont sound.
its not ideal for everyday use but good enough for a backup incase i ever lost the original.

clio 182 'full fat'
Here she is .................................
IMAG0091.jpg

Seat Ibiza
Like you say a backup is all thats needed really isn't it!! Fair play, didn't know it could be so easy to get a spare key!

2004 182FF
Dad's dropping off the spare on his way past home tonight. I'm going on such a long drive for the hell of it.

I think I'll have to stump up the Renault price :(