ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapish Motorsport for U18's?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Im still on 16 but i really feel i have a need to drive. Joyriding is an option:rasp: but i have more sense than that.

Anyone got any ideas? As much speed and fun for as little money as possible:)

Turbos.
No motorsport is cheap. I would join your local motorclub, consider something like autocrossing where you can use your own car or a banger of sorts.

There is stuff like grass racing too...

You can do SaxMax (Saxos) but its only relatively cheap, and people cheat as the winner of the series will get noticed.

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Lawnmower racing is Epic, chap above is right though, i wanted to go into 205 challenge..... cheap my ass

Never above 25mpg
TBH you'll get all the car experience when you do your lessons to pass your test. That's what it's for!!

Just have as much legal fun as you can. Not long to wait.

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Karts such as Rotax are really hard to drive, i know because i raced them for two years. Very simular to driving a real car, except harder. No seat belts and 70mph+ = fun;)

MR2 Championship.

Can pick up an MR2 for pittance.
MSA starter pack for £60.
Test to get your license, £300 i think (half day driving, written test etc).
Then race.

As you're in northern Ireland, check out rallycross. You need a sprint licence for £40 which you simply apply for. No test required. Then find some teams who'll rent you a car. You can rent a minicross car for £350 incl entry fees which is dirt cheap. In the summer series there are a few rounds at nutts corner. In the winter series it's split between nutts and mondello.