ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cherry bomb backbox

ClioSport 172 Cup
Anyone know much about Cherry bomb??
Thinking of replacing my heffalump of a mongoose backbox with a polished single exit cherrybomb. The cat back mongoose system was on my car before i bought it, personally ive always hated the backbox, it looks like the back of my car has a set of cannons from a ww2 battleship sticking out of it!!! :dead:

Sam

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a cherrybomb on my 1983 Austin Metro. It had 995cc's and it sounded like McRae's Subaru.

Not my cuppa nowadays!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
mate has one on his b reg xr3, sounds stupid, but good for that kinda car if u no what i mean

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
If no-one else has a Cherry Bomb on a Clio then go for it. Nowt wrong with being different.

I fitted one to my 1988 Belmont back in '99. Sounded ace for a 1.3......

S4 Avant
I had a cherry bomb centre section on the clio when I bought it. Cherry Bomb are an american company who make very crude exhausts for nascar racing and the like, very loud, and boomy from my experience.

I prefer the magnex centre section I have now, to the cherry bomb, more free flowing imo

1.2 8v 60bhp
boy in town has one on his clio

sounds rubbish, realy loud and no bangs or splutters
just basically a striaght pipe

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
You can make your own cherry bomb exhausts with the cardboard bit from the centre of bog rolls and some bacofoil

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
If you're gonna buy a Cherry Bomb exhaust, buy a V8 muscle car to go with it. The sound is trully fantastic.:evil:;).

they're widely available mailorder and some motorfactors might keep them. they're traditionally just a glass packed straight through bullet silencer, hence loudness.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
get a yozza

will be better and sound the nuts

or if u want noise get inox system

C

Cupster

lol, sure I had a cherry bomb on my MG Metro back in '97. Prospeed ftw imo