ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chip for 1.6 16V

Whats the best chip for Clio 1.6 16v Dynam.?

Have some1 here chipped their 1.6 engine?

Is it worthed? / Cost?

Thanks!

I dont think anyone on the forum has a chipped 1.6 or 1.4.
But looking at the results the 172 get from a chip I dont think there much improvment (10hp or so) and thats from 172
So from a 110hp car the difference is like 5hp. Getting a decat or induction kit etc would get more power in my opinion and so be more effective as many remaps cannot be resold after you sell the car and exhaust or airbox can.

There a quite a few remaps out ther though superchips probably do one and td performance will probably do anoher.

Cliosport members also get a superchip discount (although I have no idea how much).

EDD

182 cup pack

Guys Ive chipped mine.

I have seen +8 hp and 1,5-2 kg torgue up.The limiter went at 6850rpm.At Tuesday the car will be at the dyno in order to reprogramm the ecu cause Ive done 2 things and the limiter will go at 7100 rpm and a little advance will be given at some rpm.

Ill tell u the results.

Here at Greece a lot of us have also chipped their cars.I would say that u can see from +3 to +6 hp and from +1kg to +2 kg of torgue(depends on the other mods)

GRC79 have u got a open air induction kit fitted to ur motor or some sort of sealed induction kit or are u just using a panel filter in the original airbox...Ive got the same motor as you and would love to get those sort of power figures...can u tell me in detail what uve done to the engine

We have some new products for the 1.6 16v, which over the break I am hoping to put on our web site. They include. Induction kit, cam conversion, inlet manifold and ported head conversion. These mods will be universal to all models of 1.6 16v Clio Megane Laguna and Scenic.

Ive hear some bad things about superchips after sales help. But then again there a huge company so expect more complaints.

I would guess them to be better than the rest just that as they do more work there will be more people upset although the percentage of annoyed customers will be low.

EDD

182 cup pack

Mr Hill could you perhaps tell us more about the inlet manifold?????

Cost,hp and torgue gaining etc.

Thank you.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

N.Hill, what prices r we looking at, none of it is on the site. Am very interested.

182 cup pack

Could you tell us where are those on your web site cause i cant find them nowhere.....:oops::)

I found a place which sells ecu mods for Clios here http://www.power-system.nl/anglais/cadredeb.htmhttp://www.power-system.nl/anglais/cadredeb.htm there £250 or so and claim to give quite a few hp.

CLIO II 1.2 16V

+13hp

237.92 £

CLIO II 1.4

+13hp

237.92 £

CLIO II 1.4 16V

+13hp

237.92 £

CLIO II 1.6

+13hp

237.92 £

CLIO II 16 -16V

+12hp

237.92 £

CLIO 1.8 RT

+14hp

237.92 £

CLIO 1.8 RSI

+14hp

237.92 £

CLIO 1.8 16 V KAT

+15hp

237.92 £

CLIO 1.8 16 V NO KAT

+15hp

237.92 £

CLIO 2.0 WILLIAMS

+14hp

237.92 £

CLIO II 2.0 RS

+10hp

237.92 £

The second figure net to the hp is extar torque that the cchip claims to give you.

EDD

hmmm that means well be pushing out close to 130 and a few special extras from hill power and well be valver eaters in no time mwhaaahaaa

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

screw the lot mate. autodynmica in mexico have developed a 1.6 turbo conversion. ktec will have it sometime next year mwhahahahahahaha!!!

would b good if it was true. Local dealer wanted my car plus £6000 for a 172 with 10,000 miles mine has 17,000. Worked it out to be £100 per hp. He told me they go down in value a lot clios. I said the 172 your selling hasnt. He then said if it was a 1.2 hed have given more for it. What a joker. This is a majpr dealer not some backstreet wannabe aswell

na not at all , i sat wiv a valver once .well from 60-!20 then i got flashed and slowed down , not saying this is a good comparison becasue it was probably a sh!tter , but i wouldnt say thed spank us

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

1.6 TURBO wed eat them alive! ...that is if they were standard etc. end of the day we only got 1.6s was thinkin bout badging mine up as a 1.2...

I can f*** valvers even without turbo....most of then don´t have real 136hp. O.K. I also don´t, but I have dyno-tested 173Nm at 3680rpm...:D

lol, mine looks like a 1.2 n e way, well kinda casue all its got is 16v on the side not 1.6 16v like yours, and turbo ooooohweeee i could have some fun , but i hate to imgaine wot price the wooooooooooosh noice would come at

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

yeah probber 1.5-2.5k summit like that....still though...DUMP VALVES!!!! O yes. 16v badge...way forward i think

hey davie hows the induction kit going in this cold weather??? Also i should be getting mine in feb, have you noticed any differents with the kit??? and whats the sound like??? cheers matey

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Yeah ive been loving the old induction kit. Love the growl its gives her in the morning. Only thing is that my MPG has dropped from 37 to 31. On the other hand it might be cause of my increased racing habits and the need to hear the growl all the time, thus always flooring it!! Wouldnt go back to standard though, love it.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

mate my connecting bolt to the chassis obviously wasn;t screwed on proper and its gone so the ik isnt totally tied down now. dont suppose u have one of em lying around. I remember getting a few but only used like 2. If u do lemme know as i need to get it sorted before it goes to renault otherwise theyll blame it on that...lameos

erm trust me mate i have had a couple of them boltz come loose,aswell have you got ya mini filter and yellow pipe connected,mine keep faling off

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

my yellow pipe came off so what i did was connect it again and then rag it for aaaaaages so that the plastic got sooo hot it melted on the connection...not the best possible way of doing it but worked none the less!! haha As for the mini filter.... idont know where u put it but i dont think were supposed to use it for the 1.6i its for a 172 if u put it on there. Where did u attach it then?

Do uhave any of those bolts then? I need one desperately

hey na the induction kits quality, are you fitting it yourself, erm mate you can just use any bolts just pop to local car shop or summin

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

cool ...yeah IK kits in when u put your foot down if u dont it wont which is mint as u can quite happily ride around with parents who dont know uve dont it and they never know! Then when ur racing floor it and GGGRRRRRROooooOOOOWwwWWWLLLL!!!!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

YEah yellow pipe goes into the engine mate. The guy who fitted mine is from my bodyshop, he told me the breather is used on a different car. I dont have it installed. I dont c any sensory thing....think u could get a pic of where uve put it at all?? I can get a pic of mine tomorrow and post it so u can c what ive done.