ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chip for Cup

LY R27

Hi all,

I know this subject has been raised 10000s of times, but just once more for me?

I have decided not to get the unichip fitted because of warranty issues (visible in engine bay), so I just want my ecu re-programmed. Superchips have quoted me £293 incl VAT etc. Has anybody else got chips in their motors which are cheaper & increase the BHP.

Any comments/help would be much appreciated as I have the car booked in for a superchip on Friday! :D

Not sure but I have heard that when Renault service the car they wipe the ecu, set it back to standard. So this takes out the Re-programming from Superchips?

Anyone know any more about this?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Not true. They wouldnt sell many if that happened. The only thing that Renault might do is clear the error log from the ECU. They wont replace the map.

Cuppy if you have any mods you might want to enquire about a custom map with your superchip. Roamer and others have seen good gains from this.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

What about when an updated ECU comes out from Renault, I head they would put the new map into your ECU at service intervals.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its never happened to me - I even asked about an update at one stage but was told nothing doing. If an update was issued it would more than likely be a bug-fix of some description rather than a re-map. Superchips must face this issue on all the cars they re-map, so I guess they must have a solution which prevents it happening.

LY R27

telford_mike,

I gather you have a superchip, any differences?

Any info you can give me would be greatly received. I am looking to convince myself that its worth the money.

Thanks

spoke to superchips and they guarantee that in the unlikely event that did happen you can take your car back and theyll reprogramme it. They also offer different versions depending on the mods you have on the car, and they sound very knowledgeable. I spoke to power engineering in London. The reason Im going for a unichip is that you get a before and after RR , custom mapping, and you can remove the unichip if you want to restore the car to original. Cost is very similar if you have a custom map.

LY R27

phillip,

Superchips will RR the car before & after as well (well my local dealer will ;)). The superchip can be easily removed as well?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 12 May 2003

telford_mike,

I gather you have a superchip, any differences?

Any info you can give me would be greatly received. I am looking to convince myself that its worth the money.

Thanks
Roamer had his done a while back - I drove the car afterwards - excellent!! Its worth the money.

LY R27

Thats what unichip told me, they said its located near the battery, but you can put it some wear else but its a f**k on. He made it quite clear that Renault can easily spot the unichip visible or not!

This is why I am opting for the superchip! :)

VaVaVooooooooooooooom

cuppy172, yes they can do that, itll cost the same as a unichip, give or take a few £. Sangy I remember the Unichip guys sayng the chips fitted inside the car passenger footwell if Im right (only getting mine end May, tired of waiting). Unichip has many many goodies. somebody posted a list of options on unichip recently and it includes launch control, multiple injector control, different maps depending on usage etc, etc. roughly for the same money as a superchip + RR

Nissan R35 GT-R

Logic would say that a Unichip or Superchip would be right by the ECU.

If you are worried about warranty issues that would mean you are not doing anything else to the car i.e. exhaust/filter right?

If this is the case why arent you going for the R-SPort ECU? That will be as good as anything else in standard form you know.