ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Choosing new rims is so hard!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
How hard is it!!

I'm after a set of 19s for mine, but I have no idea what style to even look for!

They have to be availiable in a thin width, hub pattern is not important.

They have got to be Fresh and up to date, but not too controversial.

Chromes are out, its currently black rims with chrome edges but I'm not sure about this?

I'm stuck any ideas?

heres some pics of my car, its still WIP:

DSC01093.gif

DSC01110.gif

DSC01190.gif

DSC01101.gif

DSC01105.gif

any ideas?

Chocolate Bar™
i know you wont agree, but i think some 19" euroesque split rims would suit it down to a tea, like kesin kt7 chrome:

KT7.JPG

or any schmidts ;). You def need summit a bit more 'showy' for your car as you've spent so much on the bodywork

Chocolate Bar™
also you mentioned thin width, keskin can make them pretty much to order, they also come in silver without the chrome, and they could possible do you black as well :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
yes it is the K-tec Rear bumper :)

Hmm, not sure abour them im thinking more of the sorta style ive got but bigger, kei velocity 2's?

Middo said:
i know you wont agree, but i think some 19" euroesque split rims would suit it down to a tea, like kesin kt7 chrome:

KT7.JPG

or any schmidts ;). You def need summit a bit more 'showy' for your car as you've spent so much on the bodywork

YES YES YES YES- thats all i have to say about the matter.

Middo said:

KT7.JPG

hmm, not keen on them.. big black ones would suit, but might not be 'showy' enough?

BMW F31
keskins or schmidts. im going for a different look to you cos im going euro so im gettin schmidt modern lines but they do some sexy wheels up to 19" that would really suit your car. google "schmidt" :)

A Euro'd one...
I dont think you need 19s. These are 18s and look amazing in the flesh. My mate has them on his candy red CRX which is soon to be a cover car.

imlenso_ad1.jpg

These are bad ass, i was considering them for my car but theyre just not euro enough for my liking. They come in 17s and 18s.

imdotz_lasvagasdark.jpg

These are also nice, i wanted to get them for my brothers car so i spoke to Richie from Fuel to get them sponsored but hes only interested if the car is orange or matt black.
These are 19s.

fuel_6.jpg

You should try and get some rims sponsored. wolfrace give out wheels left, right and centre.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
$torm Rider said:
I dont think you need 19s. These are 18s and look amazing in the flesh. My mate has them on his candy red CRX which is soon to be a cover car.

imlenso_ad1.jpg

These are bad ass, i was considering them for my car but theyre just not euro enough for my liking. They come in 17s and 18s.

imdotz_lasvagasdark.jpg

These are also nice, i wanted to get them for my brothers car so i spoke to Richie from Fuel to get them sponsored but hes only interested if the car is orange or matt black.
These are 19s.

fuel_6.jpg

You should try and get some rims sponsored. wolfrace give out wheels left, right and centre.

liking them last fuel rims!!!

Also go a sponsor form from wolfrace, the thing is i dont really like any of their rims, and I dont want to get them just cause they are free. ID rather pay 3 months wages on rims i REALLY like, than get some i dont really want.

Schmidt, hmmm, not a fan at all my mates got them on his VTR

A Euro'd one...
I swear 20s would cause all sorts of trouble to get on. Besides they would look a bit silly imo. Bigger isnt always better, it all depends on what suits the car. I say go for the Fuel wheels.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Lol, but I'll get 19s and wish I'd got 20s. I do agree with what your saying, I think 18s look perfect with a decent drop, but I've gotta go 1 better (or 2 in this case :p)

Also, I DO NOT want wide arches, I want the standard shape arches resized, so we goign to have alot of problems with a 20". The 19" will fit with a coilover, as they are thinner, any bigger and the tyre will foul the shock, so for although the arch work isnt too much, relocated suspension struts, or air bags are going to bump the price up. The fuel filler is in the way too apparently, so would need relocated to the door shut.

Then theres a point someone made about rims been too big, Thats a fair comment and I do believe that:

a) the days of "bigger is better" have gone. There are 20" wheels on all small hatchs, (saxos, 106's, 206's, Corsa's etc) Its all been done, However to my knowledge there is not 1 clio on earth that has 20" wheels all round. This can work both ways, It could make the car. This 1" or 2" could mean the difference between featue and cover. This does go against my belief that cars shouldnt be built to a specification just to gain a feature, If i want it on my car, I'll do it, not cause a magazine wants me too. However, I could end up with a car (which is my daily driver to work and back etc) That is undriveable, and out of date cause I've just missed the big rim phase.

b) As I have touched on previously, to my knowledge there is not 1 clio on earth that has 20" wheels all round, So I Cant see what it looks like, it could look f**king awesome, it could look shite, I honestly dont know. Fact is, I'm not by any means rich, I only earn about £750 a month and thats before I've eaten/petrol/rent/mobile phone ect etc. I cant afford for this NOT to work, And I'm not sure if I can physically afford to risk going onto 20" rims. It would deem the car pretty much undriveable (its not exactly a great drive on 17s!!)
I would probably need another car as a daily driver.

I have ALOT to think about, There is such a difference between 19s and 20s. Its amazing how much of a headache that extra inch is, but it really could be the cars best aand most important feature.

Anyway, I've probably contradicted my self a few times in this essay, im extremely tired, just did a 13 hour shift and got another 12 to do when I wake up, Gotta bang in the over time if Im going to get theses "dubs" lol.

Its a very long way off yet, but at that price you never know ;).......