ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cig lighter light!

The light is not working on my cig lighter. Should i bother going to the dealers for a replacement bulb or is it a DIY job?

Am i imagining things again??? Can anyone please confirm if theres a light that surrounds the cig lighter in the 172??

Im only 21 but feel i should be put in a old peoples home!!

E36 323i coupe

So does everyone else... but yes there is an illumination around the fag lighter. You dont smoke (in your car) do you?

After two years of never being used, the fag lighter in my old car, stopped working and wouldnt depress.

Buy a Ripspeed Lighter from Halfords... extra bit of flair

NO!! Dont smoke, flithy habit. And no one is allowed to smoke in the car!

So everytime i jump in all i can smell is leather, lovely.

E36 323i coupe

leather, huh? The seats or....?

I smoke, tho not at the moment cos I physically cant as have a very sore throat in case I havent mentioned that before.

However, back to point, no-one but no-one is allowed to smoke in the car. If I want a fag, I have to stop, get out, close all the doors, windows etc, and move well away from the car.

Dont like this week long sore throat business... might have to give up permanently... permanantly... permanently... how DO you spell that?... yeah, anyway...

but back to your original point... the Ripspeed ones are pretty cool.

E36 323i coupe

oh it wasnt your original point... the orange ring is not a light, nor is the light in your ash tray... theyre just bits of orange plastic. The light must be somewhere underneath the two, I guess.

Im SURE it must be a light, as like when you turn your headlights on. My old clio, 1.2 extreme has one! I doubled checked to cos its my sisters now!

Damn it! Im losing my mind...(nana moon all over again) hehe

E36 323i coupe

Dont worry Nan, youll be ok...

Right I am going to say this very simply...

The orange ring IS NOT A LIGHT.

It is a piece of orange plastic.

There is also a piece of orange plastic in the ash tray.

They both illuminate when you put your headlights on.

Therefore, there must be a light underneath the area into which the lighter and the ash tray are fitted.

Take your ash tray out and have a poke around.

Now you must lie down.