ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cigaret lighter wires

laguna coupe
hi am am wanting to power some thing with my cig lighter will it be on constant power if i join the wires straight to the cig wires or will it go on and of with the egnition or and which wires are positve and which are negative

mind the spelling bit thick

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The ignition will control the electrics.

So it will turn on and off via ignition.

(no good for a permanant feed)

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
With the neons that all plug into the lighter socket, where do all the wires go? is that the only way of powering them?

Not sure what you mean by where all the wires go? Can power them from anything that has power going through, but I'd really suggest just going straight from the battery

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Nightfire said:
Not sure what you mean by where all the wires go? Can power them from anything that has power going through, but I'd really suggest just going straight from the battery

alright mate?

Im not sure what i mea yet either really! havnt got my car yet, but have been looking around and i see the neons say powered through the 12v cig lighter, and that you get adapters so you can plug 4 things in.....

..i just have a picture that there would be loose wires all over the place?!?

How would you connect all the neons through the battery?

easy p said:
alright mate?

Im not sure what i mea yet either really! havnt got my car yet, but have been looking around and i see the neons say powered through the 12v cig lighter, and that you get adapters so you can plug 4 things in.....

..i just have a picture that there would be loose wires all over the place?!?

How would you connect all the neons through the battery?

Wire through the grommet where the bonnet release wire goes through, but make sure you fuse the wire. Add a switch and wire the neons to the switch

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Nightfire said:
Wire through the grommet where the bonnet release wire goes through, but make sure you fuse the wire. Add a switch and wire the neons to the switch

is that hard to do? whats the grommet by the way? where would the switch go!

Nah, it's easy to do. Grommet is just like a big rubber thing. If you look upside down in the passenger footwell, you'll see a cable and a big rubber thing going into the engine bay. Switch will be wired to your +ve wire, can put it wherever you want in the car

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Nightfire said:
Nah, it's easy to do. Grommet is just like a big rubber thing. If you look upside down in the passenger footwell, you'll see a cable and a big rubber thing going into the engine bay. Switch will be wired to your +ve wire, can put it wherever you want in the car

cheers mate, well when i get the car im sure ill be back asking for a step by step guide! :D