ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cigarette in fan!

A stupid mate of mine put a fag into my fan last night! it went right down the back, is there anyway of getting it out other than taking the top half of the dash off?? also can i put the hot air on?

id be majorly pee'd off, slap him around the head with a large wet tuna fish!....

..... and yes, it does have to be a tuna!!

So nobody thinks the fag will go on fire when the hot air is on and there is no way of getting it out without taking the dash off??

LOL it won't set on fire! Not site if you
can get it out just by taking the dash off you might have to do other things as well. Slap your mate to.

PH1 172 Sport
I would be careful as cigarettes are well known for igniting in hot climates in fact in the middle east they have to keep there cigarettes in the fridge incase the hot air ignites them.......

I would be careful as cigarettes are well known for igniting in hot climates in fact in the middle east they have to keep there cigarettes in the fridge incase the hot air ignites them.......
The Bullshit thickens hmm, Spontaneous combustion you say?:clown:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So nobody thinks the fag will go on fire when the hot air is on and there is no way of getting it out without taking the dash off??

Paper does not burn till it gets to 233 degrees C so i think you'll be ok.

In between cars....
Id be ragin if anybody did that in my car!

What about some double sided tape on the end of somthing, maybe fish it out

if it's just the std. coolant heated circuit, can't see any danger of it igniting.

the heat's provided by a matrix (a mini radiator which uses the engine's coolant to provide the heat); you'd probably need an electric element to ignite it.

haven't taken a Clio dash apart but it could be that the heater outlet vents are just connected by channels/pipes that travel directly to the heater motor assembly (likely behind centre of dash) - it may or may not be possible to see what's going on from underneath the dash

Charged Superleggera
tbh its not difficult to take the dash off mikey but is a waste of time as the cigarette wont ignite but if there is a smell of fags every time you switch the heaters on then that may bother you in which case i would try to get it out

will my dash set on fire then if i turn the hot blowers on , or do you think my dash would melt and go all over my legs , im scared to put the fans on now as i do ramp the tits of my car and am worried that if i put my heater on the car may go up in flames, loll