ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cigarette Lighter Needs Cleaning

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
My cigarette lighter doesn't work when plugging in accessories like chargers but heats up the actual lighter just fine. Im pretty sure the contacts just need cleaning but I will still just check the fuse. Any tips on how to clean it out thoroughly?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
My cigarette lighter doesn't work when plugging in accessories like chargers but heats up the actual lighter just fine. Im pretty sure the contacts just need cleaning but I will still just check the fuse. Any tips on how to clean it out thoroughly?

This is a bit of a bodge fix but I just folded up some tin foil into a small square and dropped it down in the socket. The reason accessories don't work (well it was the case with mine anyway) is because the front pins on the plugs aren't quite long enough.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
This is a bit of a bodge fix but I just folded up some tin foil into a small square and dropped it down in the socket. The reason accessories don't work (well it was the case with mine anyway) is because the front pins on the plugs aren't quite long enough.
I checked the fuse (which I think is the same one as the radio?) and it was fine. Tried my best to clean it out with some cotton buds and dw40 which cleaned up a lot of the gunk but still nothing. Might give this a go. Also the light around the cigarette lighter does not come on at all. As well as this the chargers that I'm trying to plug in need a lot of force on them to actually come in and out, is this normal?

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
THIS WORKED! Thanks haha