ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic ek9 vs clio 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Monaco 172
Basically what are people thoughts on what would win in a straight line?

The reason i ask is because theres a lad around my area with a civic i believe suttle mods, airbox, exhaust the general bolt on mods really, and all i ever see on my fb screen is hes beat this, this and this but never a clio but i dont want to ask incase i get laughed at, as he has alot of anti french backing him lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If you want to race, take it to a track. I am pretty confident if you can drive pretty well, you will be able to show him a clean pair of heels.

53 Clio's & counting
Too many variable's in it, individual car condition, cam timing, quality of modifications, driver skill, etc etc

But normally it's down to who has the biggest balls on the road - ie the one who is most stupid.

What civic btw? Tyre r?

Monaco 172
I was pritty sure the clio on track and im not sayin i was going to race him i was just generally interested :)

i no what you mean about variables but in a ideal world and to keep it simple both cars are in good working order and both drivers arnt total dribblers, and yes sorry i mean the type r variant.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
In my experience, both are evenly matched. I find my Cup is slightly quicker due to the weight of the Ek9 (1091 kgs) compared to the Cup's 1021 kg's. Also, the Ek9's quoted 185 'bhp' is actually PS, so around 180ish at the fly (if its a good un').

The Civic also has an lsd, so not as if they don't handle.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
My 172 used to punish my mates ek9 once we were above 90/100mph, it was running 190hp though so i imagine a standard 172 would be very eavenly matchrd

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hmm, if I had a modded b series vtec and I got beat by a 172 I'd be opening the bonnet to see what was broke.

Clio 172 Phase 2
lol, do the ultimate man test. race him them the go pub for last man standing then after so much booze have a fight. sorted

Monaco 172
So there isnt actualy a definate answer but they do seem pritty evenly matched on paper.

they are very nice cars but crikey a good 1 is still silly prices or even a decent 1.

My mate has an EK9. Various common mods and he's at about 200 bhp. Stripped out it probably weighs well under a tonne. So as you can imagine it goes very well indeed.

Im not a racing driver and neither is he, both evenly matched. When our cars were almost standard I.e basic mods his car was considerably faster than mine around Bedford and Castle Combe.

Clio 182 FF
The ek9 is faster, but so it should be they cost about 3 times as much as the 172. Way overpriced!

FF clio 182 e46 vert
I dunno y u bother asking fella, some picky f*ckers on here, paper means nothing!! Each car has its own individuality, u can have 2 of the same cars but won't necessarily have identical specs on paper. Unless u get both cars point to point race your not gunna know

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You can just pip an ek9 in a clio 1*2. Only the trophy is a direct comparison IMO. Both good suspension, good seats and they're a special model. If the keys were there for both cars (EK9 & Trophy) I wouldn't know what to take.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You can just pip an ek9 in a clio 1*2. Only the trophy is a direct comparison IMO. Both good suspension, good seats and they're a special model. If the keys were there for both cars (EK9 & Trophy) I wouldn't know what to take.

Nosense.

A Phase 1 is more than capable of keeping with an Ek9.

Status
Not open for further replies.