ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic Type R on steroids

Clio v6
I drove one of these over the weekend and have to say it was quite impressive. The power delivery is fairly brutal and tbh I didn't really notice the lower 7k rev limit. They make a lot of noise like a type r should and the cockpit/seating position is fantastic. A very engaging car to drive.

They look completely ridiculous though. Almost everything on it looks like an afterthought.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I drove one of these over the weekend and have to say it was quite impressive. The power delivery is fairly brutal and tbh I didn't really notice the lower 7k rev limit. They make a lot of noise like a type r should and the cockpit/seating position is fantastic. A very engaging car to drive.

They look completely ridiculous though. Almost everything on it looks like an afterthought.

I'd mostly agree with this. I drove one some time ago and it's a very impressive car. Gearbox is ace, engine revs well for a turbo and it is a quick car for sure.

I think Honda deserve kudos for making it, as it looks lairy and a bit silly. It will upset some people but good on them. It's just a shame that the car they had to start with is a bit oddly proportioned. It would have been nice if they'd been able to use the integrated arches of the concept but that would have made it even more expensive to buy. With the right wheels, in white with a few of the optional carbon bits, I think it would be a decent looking car.

I'd certainly have one over any other Civic Type-R...except an EK9. EP3 is a right minger in my view and the FN2, although not bad looking, was let down by its flabbiness and poor ride. They've done a good job on the new one overall.