ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claiming exhaust on insurance?

Alfa 147 GTA
Still running the standard exhaust wouldn't mind a new shiny one but would/have you declared it?

It will be the same size as the original, and I was thinking I could just say it was on there when I got it and thought it was the standard item?

No more clio's for me!
hmmm...its a mod so, you have to declare unfortunately...insurance inspects are tw@ts they will pick up everything/anything. Its any excuse for them really. :(

Alfa 147 GTA
just thought if a new owner genuinley didn't know it was an aftermarket exhaust. Like on your run of the mill car, if your exhaust fell off, and you went to kwik fit or summat and they put on a new, slightly better exhaust you wouldn't tell your insurance would you? Notice that a lot of "standard" valvers, specially on ebay, are selling with s/s exhausts and not even listing it as a mod.

Know what you mean about any excuse though... may ring up see how much it would cost

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup as mentioned it is a mod.

BUT, on your details above.

IF you were to replace it for a "like for like" item.
So it had the same number of silencers, cat etc... similar tail pipe. So it look no different really , oh and also noise was the same.

and clearly not a "sports replacement"
Then you should have no problem.

Only when you move onto anything else really im afraid you fall under the mod category.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
my first williams had an after market exhust and when i rolled it they didnt say a thing also has green after market springs but they still payed out

No more clio's for me!
my first williams had an after market exhust and when i rolled it they didnt say a thing also has green after market springs but they still payed out

Thats because there was nothing left of it Dan ;)

PS - look out for the scooby mate now, i've the sold the clio :cool:

Alfa 147 GTA
Thanks for the replies, I'll get a quote and see if its worth it.

I've never seen one valver with a standard exhaust apart from mine, wonder if all those "standard" valvers have claimed it on their insurance.

Just out of interest as well, say I truely didn't know it was an aftermarket exhaust, no paper work to suggest it etc and I bought a car which had one, could the insurance company kick up a stink? Is it down to me to know what's an O/E part and whats not? If I wasn't a 'car' person I wouldnt have a clue