ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarion Head Unit

Looking for a CD/MP3 head unit that has some form of input that I can plug my laptop into to run tunes from my hard drive. Ignoring that small point but baring it in mind I have found two units that might do the job

Clarion DXZ838RMP or

Alpine CDA9812RB

I know Alpine are good as I have had a couple in the past but would like opinions on the Clarion as I like its understated looks and good features.

If anyone else has any recommendations around the £250 mark - remember MP3 playback from CD-R/RW is a must and ability to add a CD changer in the future would be a Billy Bonus.

Cheers peeps

----====Monkey45====----

I really dont see the point of having the ability to attach the contents of your hard-drive to your HU !! By the time youve found a track youll have reached your destination !! You can get hundreds of MP3s and WMAs on a CD an thats more than enough to get bored searching through !! Get the alpine unit !! Maybe save up and get the 9813 which has loads more useful features. TBH a CD changer or laptop are stupid when you have an MP3 HU !! And the laptop is a little impractical !! I think carrying a face plate is annoying, whats a laptop gonna be like !!

6 hour trips up North and I can stick my 20ish gb worth of tunes on random play while running AutoRoute - belive me its useful! Have done it before with one of those cassette -> headphone jack adaptors but the quality isnt all that great, would rather run it from latop to RCA like the Clarion will let me. Wouldnt be for everyday use but its a good feature that I would like to have at my disposal. Cheers for the advice though.

Any more feedback on the Clarion unit?