ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarion Head Unit's.....

1.2 16v clio
my dads got a clarion 1 but he obviously dunt cruise around wid it on full vol. main 3 manufacturers id say were kenwood pioneer and alpine. they are my personal choice.

1.8 Civic EX
I've always had kenwood but every year when it gets cold no matter what car it was in they decide to stop working and go all mental, I don't like alpine hu's and never really got on with pioneer although there was on pioneer i was looking at. can't remember what one now tho! lol

Monaro VXR
The alpines never particularly look nice but sound quality wise there above all the others typically.

Depends what your after though. i think the newer alpines with the glide touch thing look really nice. Plus the biolite screens etc.

RenaultSport clio 182
clarion are good mate, used 2 have one in my old fiesta and it was fine, neva had any problems and sound quality was sweet-and with the bluetooth connection its gr8 deal 4 that money! although i do hasten to add that my lastest headunit was pioneer and its wicked, and they now do a unit with bluetooth which might be worth looking at.
hope 2 b sum help.

1.8 Civic EX
cheers mate, i have seen that pioneer but i dont realy like it plus it would like stupid in my car as everything in green right now so i idealy want one that is green too....

I would always go for alpine IMHO plus the added fact they have 4x60w output don't think i have seen any other with that and the 5volt pre outs and they DAB IPOD ready have a look on http://www.cel-direct.com this is where i got all mine from alpine head unit v12 amp r type sub r type 6x9s and r type 13cm comps in the front but the magnet was to big to get in the door so changed for kenwood dual mags this was it in my old car http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31614212145.jpg&s=x2

1.8 Civic EX
cheers, I already have two alpine type r 12" subs and an Alpine v12 mrd-500 powering them. maybe I'll look into Alpine's a bit more. I'm rather tempted by the whole bluetooth thing tho......any recomened Alpines for around £200-£250??