ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarkson crashes a GT3

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I wonder if BMW will ever do a sports car like the R*,seen as they are the largest luxury marque

C

clio172cup20

The R8 does nothing for me, I'd have the GT3 all day long over it even if it was slower.

I dont think the Gt3 is slower.
Considering the C2S beat it in a drag, Gt3 has 60bhp more and a lot lighter.

GT3 all the way!!

The R8 does nothing for me, I'd have the GT3 all day long over it even if it was slower.

GT3 all the way!!

Perhaps how I worded that was not very clear. I know the GT3 isnt slower, what I meant was even IF it was slower I would still rather have it than the R8.

C

clio172cup20

GT3 all the way!!

Perhaps how I worded that was not very clear. I know the GT3 isnt slower, what I meant was even IF it was slower I would still rather have it than the R8.

Ah my appologies! Been reading the screen day! getting tired.

MKIII 138

not many posting on here could handle either cars properly day to day the temptation to push the envelope beyond the cars 'safe' abilites would inevitibly lead to a big smash.

which is why out of either, if anyone could actually ever afford a £80-£90k car brand new in their lifetimes (dream on 99% of people with mortgages, kids, debt, increasing car costs)

then the R8 with its AWD and safe level of predictible handling and understeer would be a better bet out on the roads in the real world

C

clio172cup20

not many posting on here could handle either cars properly day to day the temptation to push the envelope beyond the cars 'safe' abilites would inevitibly lead to a big smash.

which is why out of either, if anyone could actually ever afford a £80-£90k car brand new in their lifetimes (dream on 99% of people with mortgages, kids, debt, increasing car costs)

then the R8 with its AWD and safe level of predictible handling and understeer would be a better bet out on the roads in the real world

Everyone can afford a 90k if they want, some people choose a house, kids, tv, compact disc players and electrical tin openers, i choose life i mean GT3 :

*sigh* Anyone should be able to tell that race was staged. It's so obvious. May as well have pulled over to the side of the road and waved each other past.

:approve:

PS. I'd take the GT3!

At least some people have sense.

I'll be a miserable c**t as much as I want, free country.

Although lol at the 90k comment. I certainly can't afford 90k on a car,can't see me EVER saving up enough money to do that.

Last edited:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Ollie is spot on. It could hardly be called a 'race'. Just something to look good onscreen.

Sabine Schmit is cool though.

'18 Megane dci
Love the R8, nice vid. I'd pay £75k for this too if I had the cash...

Audi-RS6_Avant_2008_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I honestly cant fathom why people buy an R8 over the 911. The 911 has been the best for 40 years, And I'm afraid to say it still is.

R8's are so popular, Purely because of its exclusivity + its Audi's first "supercar". When the hype dies down, People will realise this. Dont get me wrong I love the R8, Its an excellent effort, But Its no 911.

That was so staged, Look at the lines Stig took, The Gt3 would have been off the line first which it waas and then the R8 would have been behind for the whole race.

Monaro VXR
I honestly cant fathom why people buy an R8 over the 911. The 911 has been the best for 40 years, And I'm afraid to say it still is.

R8's are so popular, Purely because of its exclusivity + its Audi's first "supercar". When the hype dies down, People will realise this. Dont get me wrong I love the R8, Its an excellent effort, But Its no 911.

That was so staged, Look at the lines Stig took, The Gt3 would have been off the line first which it waas and then the R8 would have been behind for the whole race.

Think that is precisely why people want the R8...it isn't a 911 that every semi rich sod immediately buys when he wants a fast car cause they are sheep.

Personally would have neither of them and I would be looking at an Aston for similar price but thats me. I think the 911 looks s**t dont care about how well it does things. If I am spending the best part of £100k on a car it has to look good to me. And well I cant tell the difference between the front and the back end on most of the Porsche range.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Fair comment, But I think the R8 is going the same way, Semi rich sods are buying them as they are the latest thing, The R8 is becoming the new 911 in that retrospect.

I love the Vantage V8, But could never see myself buying one when there are other cars around.

TBH Though, I think most sheep go for a Ferrari over a Porsche cause of the "i've got a ferrari"

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Porsche have been doing there thing for over 40 years

I think its a great achievment from audi to make something that punches into porsches pedigree

I'll await the RS8 with the V10 to see how much further it goes