ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clay bars?

Seat Ibiza
I love cleaning cars, but im afraid i am part of the autoglym crew...just using SRP and then EGP, which is boring, ive seen alot about clay bars. So i want to have ago,
a decent affordable one?
Cheers
dan

172 RS Ph1
EliteCarCare's yellow polyclay thing. Cheap and effective, but might cause marring to soft Renault Paint so polishing with an abresive polish afterwards would be smart.

Seat Ibiza
That I4D is affordable isnt it?
So you need to lube to be able to do it? Sorry im a real beginner!
Lube the paintwork and then clay it?
Simple as that?

Clay after car is washed but leave wet and use a quick detailer as lube. I really liked the meguiars quick clay kit, you get clay and lube.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
I use the Bilt Hamber regular clay bar. only need water as a lube and works really well. 200g for about a tenner is cheap as chips too

Seat Ibiza
Is that a look on Youtube and leave me alone :)
Cheers for you help thou mate!
I guess i wont know until i try!

Clio 197
i have also used the megs clay kit, there is a section on polished bliss about claying, have a little read of that for more claying info. any clay should do the job as long as you keep it lubricated :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Wash, de tar using AG intensive tar remover or tardis, this will get rid of the worst of the contaminants, use either the Meguiars or Autoglym clay kits from halfords if it's your 1st attempt as it has everything you need. spray a small section of each panel with quick detailer, warm up the clay and lightly rub over the surface with regular folding to a clean surface, wipe down with a clean cloth. Then move onto our polish / prep / wax or sealant etc

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stay away from Poly clay and buy decent stuff. Start with Bilt Hamber soft. It'll give you everything you need.

People forget soft clay is a good thing as the fallout is pulled into the clay because it's soft in turn stopping it from being pushed over the surface.

172 Cup
Im with gally, the soft grade bilt hamber clay is spot on especially for starting out...give it a shot you'll be pleased ;)