ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clay

Clio MK 4
Do halfords sell clay bars on their own? Would it be dodgy to reuse a clay bar i got from i4detailing? There arn't that many marks on it from the last time i used it as my last car was in quite good condition.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always throw old clay away mate, did you use the whole bar?

Halfords sell stuff yes. :)

Clio MK 4
ye i did use it all. its not that contaminated though. never dropped it and is properly sealed. maybe i should get another

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Never use old clay. It's pretty simple really. They are not that expensive I didn't think.

There are a few to choose from, halfords also sell a clay kit with a lube and stuff.

Clio MK 4
i know it was lol. i want to do it tomorrow and so need to buy it from a shop as it to late for delivery now. and dont want to spend more than 8 quid which is possible from i4detailing. not sure in shops though

Audi TT 225
I hear your Pain, try a few local places. I'd sell u a bar if you were local but unfortunately your not. As Bigup said, halfords usually just sell the kit, i did once see "Meguiar's Replacement Clay Bar" as they called it in one store around here!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd advise ordering online and being patient... When did you last clay your car? Shouldn't need doing too often.

You can use clay bars again, just to clarify. You only need to move on when you can no longer form a clean surface by folding the clay. Once this occurs, only use that clay bar on windows. Then once it gets too dirty for the windows, move on and use it for the wheels.

Also, claying will only be necessary either 6 monthly or yearly IF you seal the car properly.

E87 118d M Sport
You only need to move on when you can no longer form a clean surface by folding the clay. Once this occurs, only use that clay bar on windows. Then once it gets too dirty for the windows, move on and use it for the wheels.

Ditto. Then I keep it for the back of wheels.