ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clean engine

Ive read a few posts about cleaning your engine which is something ive been looking at doing. The sound of Autogleam machine cleaner sounds ok but as far as rinsing in those tight spaces ive been thinking about buying a cheap steam cleaner!
They sell one in halfords for £20 and a few on ebay for even cheaper!
Ive read that the lightest spray from the hose pipe to rinse is fine but unfortunatly for me I cant get the hose to the car so I thought something like a cheap steamer would do the trick...... Thoughts please.
Rob.

106 GTi
Never been a fan of steam cleaning at least with a low pressure flow of water it should only go where you want it to. I use as little water as possible when doing engine bay jobs.

I am only talking about a few short blasts off say like something from the steam bee!! never used any sort of steam machine before so not sure how it comes out the nozzle, I imagine with a cheap hand held steam machine it wouldnt be that powerful anyway just enough to lose the pre treated dirt??