ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning soft top advice

Clio MK 4
Going to clean a friends dad's A4 convertible (soft top).

Never done a soft top so any advice? Would a decent scrub with car shampoo and rinse do the job? Any treatments i could use?

Also he says he will pay me and wants me to give him a price. I have never charged before so bit unsure what to ask for. He is quite minted and was impressed with his daughters S3 which I cleaned the other week (Hence why he wants me to do this car.)

My plan is to clean/dress the engine bay, all the sills, interior, claying it polishing etc . pretty much full works and will likely take me 5 hours or so. What you guys reckon is reasonable?

Astra Twintop
You can get specific hood cleaning products from Halfords, forget what they're called.

Clio MK 4
ye was thinking £60 as covers a bit of products used. i got people saying £80 - £100 but not sure if that bit to much