ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning your car at FCS

What are people planning to do/take to FCS?

After 60-70 miles down the M1, think mine will have quite a few flies and crap on the car and want to make sure its clean at the event.

Will Meguiars Quick Detailer do? Give it a quick once over?

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll clean it the day before the show, then I'm going to enjoy the show. No-one cares if its clean or not unless it's in the top 25 etc IMO.

Edit - After seeing Christophers post, Tyre shine definitely improves it, but other than that, nothing! lol

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
bucketto, wee tub o shamppo, some qd, and mf's, drying towel and tyre shine, mind you i'll be doing about 350 miles so qd'll no cut it completely.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Will take tyre shine, and some QD. But depends whether i can be bothered on the morning.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mines staying in the car park on its own :D

I might take some stuff to do other peoples cars if i get bored :eek:

ibiza cupra
im just taking some qd and micro fibres. then ill get my brother to do it for me like last year lol.

182 & Porsche 986
it just got all dusty last year after i put effort into cleaning it that morning so will just take some quick detailer this time.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I was actually tempted to put cling film on the front bumper/ front of the bonnet..
I'll be giving the trophy its fist paint correction this week and cba messing that up by rubbing grit round it after the long drive to fcs =/

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hmm, if theres ruinning water etc, i guess i could give it a wash and a clay :rasp:

Inlude a few pints too ;)

172 cup
Ill be taking some QD and some tyre shine and some clothes

Like Claire says it was so dusty last year it was pointless, not sure if they have done something to remedy this though this year

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ill be taking some QD and some tyre shine and some clothes

Like Claire says it was so dusty last year it was pointless, not sure if they have done something to remedy this though this year
Yes there isnt a rally thing, that was what kicked up all the dust last year!
It'll stil be slightly dusty if there is a breeze, as the main carparks are gravel/stones.

Black Clio GT
mine will be cleaned on sat evening then just taking my box of tricks, if the weather is ok it will just get a rinse and dry, if its raining then prob wont bother tbh

ibiza cupra
Yes there isnt a rally thing, that was what kicked up all the dust last year!
It'll stil be slightly dusty if there is a breeze, as the main carparks are gravel/stones.
at least it wont be as bad though. i detailed mine last week so just gona keep on top of it this weekend and next sat before we go. only thing is i went santa pod yesterday so i now have loads of rubber all over it :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Haha mayb ;)

Im thinking about putting my car on the stand.., il get some stickers made up for it.

"Bargin Bus"
"£35 y0"

Etc etc..

More poke than viagr
Cant beat a bit of mr muscle glass cleaner and auto glym quick detailer :cool:

Will be polished on saturday aswell though.

My biggest problem will be the brake dust on my freshly painted wheels :dapprove:

ITB BG 182
I might take some bits specially if i can get hold of the water roller, 30 ltrs in a round tub with handles to move it like a sack truck.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
im just gonna find a bloody polish car wash nearby lol mines getting correction detailed the week after FCS so its all good ;)

S4 Avant
People are seriously cleaning their cars again once they get there? I'm sure no one will care, in amongst the other 180+ clios

DB.

BMW 440i
Cleaned mine today, but going out on Thursday and Friday, and the England game is on Saturday, so i won't be cleaning it again between now and then.

Got to drive to Nottingham and back Wednesday, then back on Sat mid day.

ITB BG 182
I was going to wash it, think ill find muddy puddles or do a little green roading and get that ralle look going on.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
People are seriously cleaning their cars again once they get there? I'm sure no one will care, in amongst the other 180+ clios

Autoglym rapid detailer :) but yeah its gonna piss it down as far as i know :dapprove:

SG9 Forester STi
I'll be taking megs quick detailer and tyre shine...probably won't use either though... Depends on how many flies I collect on the way.