ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clear rear lights - opinions

A black one

Im thinking of getting some clear rear lights for my Clio, so they match the front lights as I think it will hopefully make the car look smarter (its a black 1.2 on an 04 plate).

I know there are about 2 or 3 different types of Lexus style lights, and now Renault are doing their own clear rear clusters too, but what are your opinions on clear back lights? Ive heard mixed reactions so far, with some people being opposed to them quite strongly...?

I like the look of some of the new Lexus style rear lights for the Clio, after all, all new Clios have the same lights, so nice to look different...imho..:D

Simon.

A black one

Cheers guys, IMHO some of the lexus style ones look a bit tacky, but Im sure Ive seen some that look decent & not like theyre trying to be to flash. I suppose its just a matter of finding somewhere that stocks the good ones lol.

I reckon in this case, different really isnt a good thing.... all that comes to mind when I think of these lights is the scallies that live in my neck of the woods with them on their de-badged&locked corsas - not a good thing!

I rarely see them around me on anything other than corsas for some reason... also Lexuss, but thats normal I guess!

Im geting some eventually. I like the new style black lights K-Tec are doing (with silvervision bulbs in). They arent that different from standard in layout and maintain the clear indicator/reverse light circle in the middle. Theres just less red which I think will look subtler on the black car.

So dont get any of those lol.

The problem is, and its the same for the Mk1 Clio aswell, Renault did a mint job to start with.. standard lights look nice.. heh.

Mk1 Phase2s, and Mk2 Phase2 lights look mint..

If you *have* to change them, the black lexus lights look nice on a black dynamique - Fred has them..