ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clickin when wipers are on!!

Renaultsport 197
Hey all!

Everytime the wipers go on theres a distinct click coming from the glove box area. Is this normal, common problem or just Renault??? :dapprove:

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so are there any ways to cure or solve it? Cheers

BMW M135i
Its the relay on the UCH for the wipers, for some reason renault are determined to use relays that still click rather loudly unlike most other manufacturers (i'm guessing they're cheaper :dapprove:).

Suzuki SV650
This annoys the hell out of me, is there any way of sound proofing the relays or changing them for ones that don't click like time bombs!!?!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
it clicks for every thign indicator the lights, wipers and auto lock and the mirrors too ircc, but you get used to it,like the first couple weks you notice the auto lockingthen soon you doen even notice it happening,

Megane 230 R26
I've blocked mine out as well, same with my sunroof rattling, I don't notice it anymore.

Do you realise the sunroof rattle has a technical note at Renault and dealers will fix it under warranty by putting a rubber pad / sleeve in the catch to stop it happening? 5 minute job...

if I have the rear wiper on too..I try to get them going at the same time..otherwise
you get two annoying clicks..ggrrr

PMSL at this thread. Next question will be "there's a wierd beeping noise from the engine bay when I press the sterring wheel" :)