ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clicking under braking...

1998 BMW e46 323i
i've got new discs and pads on front. Have been on a few months i guess. The front and back have been checked at service last week. I get a repeated ticking noise from o/s when window is open and under braking. Mainly at slow speeds. Not loud enough to really concern, but is bugging. Sounds like a creak sometimes. Anyone got a clue?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Check the clip on the cv joint gaitor , it could have snapped , it's quite common .A quick indication would be grease on the inside of the wheel .

1998 BMW e46 323i
Like I said it went in for a service and they gave it the once over, they found my rear springs had snapped (like they do) but that was it... I'll have a look at the CV joint, but I think they'd have noticed that. It's a good little indie garage who serviced it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Take it back to the garage then and get them to check it over " again " . Even the best garages can miss things .

1998 BMW e46 323i
Checked the CV boots yesterday, they're in good condition. Haven't really got the time to go the garage again this week

Mk2 172
Its probably the pads in the calipers. I took the metal bits out of mine when i fitted new uprated pads. They click a bit when braking when goin slow. Mite be that. if so, forget bout it :)

sorry, just read ur original thread properly so probably wont be this :)

1998 BMW e46 323i
dan, it's only under braking and at slow speeds. My original post wasn't so clear, reading it now. I think it is the pads, and i'll have to get the copper slip on them. Or just ignore it! Thanks. John