ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clifford concept 600

f**ked ph1 172
does anyone know what they're doing with these?

Mines packed up :(

got out the car, tried to set it, and nothing, dead.

now the immobiliser is armed, and my car won't lock...

and i've locked it by key, but can't unlock it by the clifford... its going off if i disconnect the battery, and my pin code doesn't dis arm it either.

what do i do...

Bus w**ker
Have you tried changing the battery in the fob?

When you are entering your code have you got your key at the Accs position?

Are you entering the code correctly?

f**ked ph1 172
@ John, whats a GB?

Symon:
Yes changed the battery, rac have checked the fob is working and sending a signal and it is.

No, as since the rac have been out, the alarm goes off as soon as its plugged in and i cant stop it :(

THe code say its 2434 its not but say it is for this im putting in ** blank **** blank *** blank ****
and nothing happens :( everything is unplugged atm.

does water affect the siren? as it's been rather wet, so the siren unit got drenched and now these problems. the aerial is in the relay box i've found. but has been wet, isn't now.

siren works absolutly fine... its still uber loud :(

Bus w**ker
Symon:
Yes changed the battery, rac have checked the fob is working and sending a signal and it is.

No, as since the rac have been out, the alarm goes off as soon as its plugged in and i cant stop it :(

THe code say its 2434 its not but say it is for this im putting in ** blank **** blank *** blank ****
and nothing happens :( everything is unplugged atm.

does water affect the siren? as it's been rather wet, so the siren unit got drenched and now these problems. the aerial is in the relay box i've found. but has been wet, isn't now.

siren works absolutly fine... its still uber loud :(
Ok so it's not the fob battery then, was a common fault for me as the so called fob low warning signal never went off...

Lost me here plug what in?

You have to have the key in the ignition at the accessory position to enter your valet code. You need to enter it ** blank **** blank *** blank **** and then hold blank down for 3-4 seconds until the LED lights continuously (system is then in valet mode). It's not a cure for your issue but it will at least allow you to drive the car when you need to and allow you to get it to a Clifford authorised dealer to find out what's fucked.

Water affected the G4 series. Heavy rain would set my alarm off and normal rain would send the external sensor mental. Water in the siren stopped the siren working altogether lol. Aerial is normally inside the cockpit, so I've no idea if it's water proof.

Are you getting any warning chirps? I'd guess at 4? If so it's more then likely the bonnet switch. The originals are shite, slightest bit of water and it f***s up and refuses to close the circuit. System then thinks you've left the bonnet/boot open and after a bit the alarm ends up sounding. If that's the case an authorised dealer will be able to supply and/or fit an uprated one for you. But until then try attacking the switch with WD40 and grease up the connectors where the spade connections slide on to.

f**ked ph1 172
i've left the battery unplugged, so when i connect it back up it goes off. i'm getting nothing, as soon as i connect it back up, it flashes the indecators then soiunds the siren, the remote fob is doing nothing. the aerial i dont think is water proof, as it's had water in it befoire, i can see it on the circuit board.

wil go out and try it again later, otherwise i've gotto spend out and get another system installed.

no warning chirps, nothing, just a f**king loud siren thats very annoying. and rather annoying for the neighbours in my court.

clifford say they wont honour the warrenty, as i've lost the receipt. and the company who installed it have gone bust.

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
If you've let the backup battery go dead it will sound the alarm when you reconnect it as it notices a spike in the power and thinks it's being tampered with. But I'm all out of ideas.

Don't buy another system though. Just get a mobile authorised fitter to come out to you and repair it, will be cheaper.

f**ked ph1 172
well i've spoken to a clifford dealer, and he has told me mines the 4th one to go this week. that was before saying i wanted to buy a new one.

I'm having a new 650 g5 installed thurs for £340 including the removal of the old system. atleast then i've got a receipt and can keep hold of the warrenty.

f**ked ph1 172
already fitted when i bought it.

how ever its now working absolutly fine...

must have been damp or something.

R5 GTT
To be honest matey I have repaired loads of R5 GTT's with the clifford alarm and I always have problems with the clifford alarm activiating itself codes not working, even the lbue flash light used to drain the batteries etc..apparently they are prone to going tits up on any car though.
I then got myself a Toad Ai606 with a couple of extras and have never had a problem with it fantastic alarm.

Go Toad matey.