ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control - acting strange!!??

330ci, 850R, eunos
Since I've had the 182 I've always noticed that the climate control was a little on the warm side, and with a bit of playing around it seemed to be suffering from the sticking servo motor problem for the hot/cold diverter.

But yesterday I had a 5 hour drive, stuck in traffic, etc so had some time to play around with it.

Basically, the air con side seems to be work OK, with the controls set to auto, and if I turn the temp right down to min, it blows out cold air fine.

The strange bit was that if I put the temp to say 17-18'C, it would blow hot, even though the cabin must have been around 20'C, I was comfortable in just a T-shirt anyway. Weirder still, the AC light was on, it was blowing feet & face, but still just hot air coming out.

When it's close to correct temp does it blow a little cold at feet and a little warm at face to balance it?? Either way, it's almost like the interior temperature sensor is playing up, like it thinks the car is always colder than it is. Thing is, if this is a thermocuple, then usually when they fail they'll go open circuit and read too high.

Does anyone know where the interior temp sensor is? Can you check what it's reading via OBDII at all??

In every other car I've owned, 20-21'C is just right sometimes a bit cool - in this even 18'C is warm!!

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Subscribed, I seem to have similar issue on mine. Could it simply be aircon needs re-gassing?

Listerine & Poledo
Regas may be a good move.

Kwik fit will do it and if they dont get a marked improvement at the vents, you dont pay

Black Gold Trophy
Temp sensor is in the interior light fitting.

You wont read any OBD2 fault codes for the climate control, you'll need to get it plugged into a Can CLIP (renaults diagnostic interface)

Regassing the aircon wont do s**t if it's already blowing cold air when you set the temp to minimum

330ci, 850R, eunos
Yeah, I'm confident the aircon side of it is working OK, as I said, it blows cold fine if you set it to minimum. It's more the control that seems wrong which is why I suspected the temp sensor.

Fair play if it's the external one above, does anyone know if the interior one follows the same trend? i.e. high resistance equals lower temp? Could be a connection issue maybe.

I wasn't looking for a fault code, I have Torque on my SGS2 which can read various sensors via OBDII, but I haven't checked to see if it does internal. Doubtful, but it might. I'll have a try later on.