ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control not cold enough AARRGGHHH!!!!

2001 172
ive come from a 306 diesel with A/C, and it used to be really frickin cold very quickly, whereas my climate just isnt (15c i believe is lowest) and its frustrating as when I get it on a hot day I want to get a quick cold blast.

Its been recharged approx 4 months ago, so its not that.... does this annoy anyone else?

Mini Cooper S sport
I never found it that cold in my 172 or 182, it was much colder in the OH's Pug 206 which was about 7 years old.

The trick is to put it on recycle.

2001 172
mmm I have tried that, but you never seem to get it particularly cold?? just a bit annoying really :(

MK3 Dci & Sinclair c5
Its a renault thing mine is nowhere as cold as my fiesta or bmw ones were. Cheap low quality delphi air con parts!

Black 197
Climate control in my 182 is wa*k tbh, Dont work very well nor does the AC, Windows down for me instead of all that techy jargon tbh

ST
The climate in my old 182 was always more than adequate and the air con in my 197 is spot on too..

Clearly some are living in far warmer parts of the UK than us Danny.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Maybe if you try getting it topped up or something mate?

EDIT just read your post again.

fook knows!

compared to the a/c in my mk2 ph2 the mk3s climate isnt as cold as id hoped :dapprove:

we have a clio expression without ac an its surprising how cool the blower's blow :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Does anyone ever think its really that warm to need it to be freezing cold?

Its a Renault Sport, windown down, foot down = cold air

Easier said in Scotland cause we only get July and winter...

Cayman S Edition 1
Simple answer, you need to get your aircon re-gassed.

My mate did my Trophy after I bought it as it hardly got cold. Now it gets ice cold.

2001 172
Simple answer, you need to get your aircon re-gassed.

My mate did my Trophy after I bought it as it hardly got cold. Now it gets ice cold.

was regassed little under 4 months ago + the fact it wont go cold enough is because it only goes down to 15 degress, where as AC goes down t 7 or 8 degrees. just frustrating

Clio 172 RS2
Mines working fine... 172 Phase 2 with auto-mode!
Do you have the manual buttons / switches perhaps?

I know it's a friggin' RS, but it came as O.E.M.

Hence Full Fatty!

Cayman S Edition 1
was regassed little under 4 months ago + the fact it wont go cold enough is because it only goes down to 15 degress, where as AC goes down t 7 or 8 degrees. just frustrating
When it was redone, was it cold for a while?

Could be worth getting it checked again

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Mine used to be freezing on my 182 when it was new....... get the system recharged, kits can be bought from halfords and check your filter (found under the drivers side windscreen scuttle which you have to remove in order to get to the filter box) assuming it's in the same place as a 182.

320d
The AC in my car isn't as cold as others i've been in tbh. Its adiquate on recycle mode for the few times a year I use it.

M2 Competition
Clio not as cold as the vw, ive had that so cold on a hot evening i could see my breath!

Always thought it was adequate for the uk though.

15 deg air temp is quite nice in a car, you wouldnt want it much cooler.