ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Problems 172 2002

Clio 172
Hi

I have just bought a 172 and am having problems with the CC.
No matter what setting you have it on only red hot air comes out the vents, I have been told its the mixer motor behind the dash board??????

Can anyone help? It's not the gas cus when switched on it clicks and works

Regards

Clio 172mk2
I did this to mine on tusday. Its a pain in arse to get to , had to take both motor`s out (2 bots each) to make room to get to the 3 case ones. Its fidly and awkward to get to with pedals and stearing column in way

The sprung hose clip is about same size as the one on the header tank in engine bay, so i nicked that one.

Clio 172mk2
good luck with it , pics on the other thread are from a left hand drive car, its tight and u`ll ache a bit after. but cheaper then renault fixing it thats for sure

Clio 172
Ive failed

I could not get the 3rd screw out not matter how hard I tryed. I was going to snap it out but thought better of it.

How the hell am I going to get that bloody screw out?

Clio 172mk2
did u remove the 2 motors first?
socket set is all i used and a cheap one at that , get it started then use the extention piece just to turn by hand there not that tight

Clio 172mk2
you dont have to, but i couldnt get in with it been too tight space wise, so i removed them to give me a little bit more room to get hands in.