ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v (2002) 172 replica.

Fair play, a couple of these look quite good. Makes me laugh people who replica a 1.2 with a sunroof as a 1*2. f**k it, put the 2.0 bullets and sport badges on. Just dont take any bait for a traffic light gp.

Seen a loads of cars with the 'sport' badge recenly. Today I followed a Corrola taxi with one and I keep parking next to a 307SW 'sport' at work.

Someone has apparently spent £7k on this.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2575967.htm

Could have bought a trophy! lolz :cool:

7K where did he pull that number from. The car new wasn't worth 7k probably.

edit: just noticed he says "including buy it", so bought it for 6k and spent a 1k on it lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Very not true, I pay £500 with EVERYTHING declared on my rep with Adrian Flux.
I had a look around to insure it standard, and it would cost me over £600..

A Renaultsport Clio would cost me around £1000 to insure.

u tried admiral? i pay £600 a year on my GT DCi and 172 on a multi car policy at 21

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
I salute you sir, i have done a 1.2 > sport Replica, didnt do the engine like yourself, Got 172 bumpers and skirts 182 wheels and full sport interior, wasnt cheap but well worth it, im 18 i have a clio sport look a like it needs a few more things doing to it and will be quality..... till im 21 and i get a 182 :p

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
if you modify your car to look like a Cliosport, your insurance premiums are going to go up almost as much as if you bought a sport in the first place; unless of course you aren't telling your insurance company, in which case you'll be uninsured. And a tw*t.

Not true mate! My insurance company dont put my premium up at all for cosmetic mods, only performance mods like coilovers, exhausts, induction kits etc...

I dont understand why people say not to have the sport bullets? They are on the real sport so why would they not go on a replica? lol

I think the car looks good buddy, keep going with it!

Not true mate! My insurance company dont put my premium up at all for cosmetic mods, only performance mods like coilovers, exhausts, induction kits etc...

I dont understand why people say not to have the sport bullets? They are on the real sport so why would they not go on a replica? lol

I think the car looks good buddy, keep going with it!

Thank you mate. :)

Not updated this in a bit so i thought i would upload a few pictures to show progress.

P1070488.jpgP1070487.jpgP1070492.jpgDSC01040.JPGDSC01041.JPGDSC00939.JPGDSC01042.JPGDSC01045.JPGDSC01044.JPGDSC01039.JPGP1070495.jpgP1070490.jpg

Spacers and silvervisions have been ordered and should be here soon. maybe even stretching to coilovers depending on how he does in his MOT!

172 phase 1
well done on the rep, all for people styling their cars to look better,

i do completely disagree with undeclared mods, especially engine conversions and such though.

my ph1 172 mods declared at 29 with 10yrs ncb, clean history etc and i'm getting quotes of £1200!! joke, my modded R5GTT at 18 was £1200 lol

2004 Clio Dynamique
looks good mate! im after doing the same! im on the lookout for the rear bumper, front bumper, wings an skirts so if anyone has any up for sale, let me know!

p.s how do the skirts fit on?

You will need to get them rivited (spellling!) from renault if you want them doing properly. i just drilled them on. to be honest mate i wouldnt bother doing a replica. as you just end up spending stupid amounts doing it! keep your car standard as you will get more when you come to sell your standard car. Please dont do it!

Very nice that matey. Take it has been sprayed in the monaco paint?

It wasn't no. Cant remember what colour it was, but its slightly darker than monaco. If you look closely the rear bumper is monaco blue and doesn't match the colour of the car where it meets at the rear 3/4. From seeing it absolutely ages ago I cant remember much.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It wasn't no. Cant remember what colour it was, but its slightly darker than monaco. If you look closely the rear bumper is monaco blue and doesn't match the colour of the car where it meets at the rear 3/4. From seeing it absolutely ages ago I cant remember much.

Correct. The car color is odessey (Spelling?) blue. The rear bumper was the only thing i never got sprayed and i dont really know why tbh. ha

Could barly tell the colour difference unless you looked really close.

Sam!

Monaco 172
I had a 1.2 16v not long ago and went and bought a sport and the insurance is ridonkulas on it, you keep upwith what your doing m8, lookin at yours makes me wish i'd of done the same lol :eek:

FLOL not chuckled like that for a while!

Splitter goes underneath the bumper, not glued to the front ;)

Just realised it is on the wrong way round!! ha ha. feel free to take the rip! ha ha. how much of a fool do i feel!! sladen1720`s brend new super cool splitter! duh

just a quick photo of the car as it currently stands after spacers and silvervisions. coilovers.... are in the boot awaiting fittment.

PB172
What's KTR on it?

Decent work but agree with the majority, bit of a waste of cash if you ask me.

I got the sticker free with the silver indicator bulbs i bought of them. it is all show no go. i dont drive it like a muppet. i stick to the speed limits. while i am driving this 1.2 i am saving for a 172 cup and ITB`s. untill then all i can do is potter around in my wannabe.