ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v daily driver

clio 1.2 16v
Hello to everyone.
First i need to sorry about my language as i am here little bit more than a year, originaly i am from Latvia.
My name is Kalvis i am 20, and needed a car what i can afford, almost year ago i found this on ebay. 02 plate Clio 1.2 16v, sounds good to me for insurance, next day i bought it. it came with -60mm springs, pink wheels and stickers. Awesome
-60mm_2.jpg

-60mm_1.jpg

Previous car in my home country was mk2 jetta, ratted, as i just can`t drive with standart car.
First thing was bonnet bra, as i love them.
manasbildes072.jpg

as i know something about mechanics, father teached me alot, and my hobby is bicycle repairing, so i changed wishbones, and some other parts in front
IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

Later i decided to paint wheels green, and at that day someone with bicycle hitted my car and made hole into plastic wing. cost me 40 quid to get new one on ebay, he was quicker than me and runned away as i was in garden when it happened :(
IMG_0473.jpg

Needed to fix it, didn`t think a lot what to do
IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Fixed it :D
IMG_0474.jpg

And green wheels.
IMG_0477.jpg

used car like this for couple of months,yes i stickerbombed old wing
IMG_0766.jpg

then on ebay i won ronal turbos picked them at Birmingham, not far as i live in Corby.
IMG_0757.jpg

and car stands like now
IMG_0767.jpg

Things to do next..
1)Want to remove all old stickers, and put blue wing back on.
2)Buy clio sport interior.
3) After winter months put on coilovers, want to go as low as it can
4) Soon will be time to change timming belt, spark plugs and oil with filters.
5) need to do something with front lights, xenon or something like that
6) i don`t have front fog lights, want to instal them and tint yellow.
7) new head unit and vibe qb69 on back shelf, and remove subwoofer
8) probably roof rack with thule fairing.
9) stickerbomb rear bumper and put pedo-ted stickers on side windows

If in this weekend weather will be good enough than i will take off all stickers and put back blue wing.
now i am searching for front fog lights and wiring, and probably switch.
and clio sport interior.

Thanks for reading.

Ph2 Meg 225
Looking good with the ronals, remove all stickers and a new wing and it will be very tidy :) xenons and sport interior is a good way to go.

Red 1.2 Dynamique
Looks good mate, I'd lose the bonnet brah and 99% of the stickers though.

clio 1.2 16v
bonnet bra will be aswell as stickers, i just need to find way how they look nice.
don`t want to drive with clean one, need something different

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Built not bought? You bought it like that, no?

Could be a cool little car if smartened up a little.

clio 1.2 16v
car will go for sale, as i bought diesel cuz i need to do lot more miles per month, have few updates aswell, will post more next week, if some is interested can pm me. thanks

clio 1.2 16v
next car diesel just to run cheap as i need to do 80 miles in working day, but in summer thinking about weekend car.

clio 1.2 16v
here are pictures as how it she stands right now.
IMG_0882_zps1001da7b.jpg

IMG_0884_zpsf8e56878.jpg

IMG_0883_zps0a2e129a.jpg

IMG_0885_zps5ab95191.jpg

IMG_0886_zps1fc19fe9.jpg

IMG_0888_zpscaac1e40.jpg
IMG_0892_zpsce94afa4.jpg

IMG_0891_zps51b0f45d.jpg

IMG_0890_zpse3bf8b95.jpg

there is little gap between headlight and wing, thats why she is cat c i think, when i bought old owner didn`t tell me that i needed to do VIC on car, was suprised, as i didn`t know how these things are working there, now i am smarter a little bit.
IMG_0887_zps4afafe7d.jpg

as i told before car is going for sale next week, as i have another car and i need money, she is just standing and i am driving with it on weekends only.

clio 1.2 16v
Maybe without wheels and sub, cuz i got 15 inch steels in black with good tires. All depends of buyer. And if someone will offer good price for ronals.

clio 1.2 16v
went to do presale check and find out that one of diff bearings are gone :(
gonna stay with me for some time till i will sort out new gearbox and other things what i need to change.
i dont know much about these categories, did hpi check yesterday, and it shows cat c, i know that i did identity check when i get it(old owner didn`t tell me that i need to do one), but does it makes any difference to car value if its running fine?

went to do presale check and find out that one of diff bearings are gone :(
gonna stay with me for some time till i will sort out new gearbox and other things what i need to change.
i dont know much about these categories, did hpi check yesterday, and it shows cat c, i know that i did identity check when i get it(old owner didn`t tell me that i need to do one), but does it makes any difference to car value if its running fine?

yeah cat C will knock alot off the price mate, people dont wanna drive a crashed and repaired car

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I think youd be better off scrapping it rather than spending money to fix it up and sell on.

R

rhys davies

Serious take the good parts of it and just scrsp it maybe if it was a 172/182 cat c 1 in 10 would probablu think about buying it its hardly worth any thing cat c save your money lad

clio 1.2 16v
i have fixed it now, will try to sale, if not than i will start to think about something else, i dont know how much i can get from scrap, i would better buy clio with dead engine or something that is not cat c and put all my stuff to it as i can do it myself, if someone wants to sell 1,2 16v shell than can give me pm....