ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v Exhaust help

Hi guys, dont know if any one will know on here.. cant find any other forums for clios!!... Ive got a 1.2 clio 16v 2002 plate and im looking at puttin a new exhaust on it..
On ebay there are universal back boxes which say they fit a clio II but i dont understand how as when i look under my car my standard back box pipe goes all the way down to the cat which is near enough at the front of the car...

How would the universal one fit? Do i need to cut the back box then weld the universal one onto the rest of the pipe ?
Some 1 help me please! lol

Matt

Clio 182
You need to get an angle grinder to the original exhaust, in the right place, and the new backbox should come with a clamp to secure it on

You need to get an angle grinder to the original exhaust, in the right place, and the new backbox should come with a clamp to secure it on

So you just clamp it.. No need to weld it or anything? Also i see ur from warwickshire.. not too far from me! i live in worcestershire

Clio 182
No need to weld. Aslong as you can get a clamp. I got one with my backbox but I'm sure you can purchase them elsewhere.
And yes, I'm from Bidford, not far from Evesham.