ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v wing mirror help

Audi S3 225
Hi, my sisters 1.2 16v 05 clio had its os wing mirror glass stolen last night. Seems they forced the glass off but the rest of the unit is in tact. Theres 2 random wires hanging off so im guessing they were heated.

Theres just a round drum that looks like the mirror sits on that? Is it as easy as buying a replacement glass from renault? eurocarparts have them for £12.95.

Thanks

Allan

Evo 8 MR
Not sure if Renault will sell you just the glass, don't quote me though so I'd guess your looking at buying the whole unit unless you get one elsewhere.

Audi S3 225
Well shes going to renault 2moro and is gonna see if its just the glass missing, halfords seem to think theres some sort of holder missing. Will see what renault say. Thanks

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
iv got a spare glass going from a broken wing mirror. if i can get it off (its a pain in the ass without breaking it) you can have it for £10 posted..

See if halfrauds sell them first though

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
renauly will sell the glass on its own, yes the wire are for your heated mirror.

the new glass will simply push on (clip in)

Its ment to be like that..it just pops in..just connect the heater wires before you do. easy peasy. I done mine a few days ago.

Clio 1.2 dynamique
I had some kid run into the side of my car and smash the glass on my wing mirror. I bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220351252865 which fits just fine. Basically they give you the mirror to suit a clio and a 'universal' backing plate to which you stick the glass and cut the plastic around it. The hardest part i found was clipping it back into the wing mirror, was an absolute pig to clip in right.

Clio Dynamique
I had mine broken once, it was left dangling on the wires (they are heated mirrors). I got just the glass from Renault, the parts guy even clipped it in for me for free. I think it was about £25

Audi S3 225
Hi guys heres a pic of the mirror
IMG_0076.gif

Renault said that we need a whole new mirror!!!

Phatmario do you think all i need is that backing plate and mirror from ebay?

Thanks for the help guys.

Allan

Audi S3 225
hi, is there a backing plate missing to which the glass clips into? Ive emailed that ebay seller above and waiting for a reply.

I agree f**k renault they aint got a clue, all they care about is mugging of their customers!

Clio 1.2 dynamique
Looks like the plate on ebay should clip straight on there looks pretty much the same as how mine was except drivers side so i see no problem!