ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v...

Albi blue 197
Alright, ive decided im guna start doing something about my clio, its a 1.2 16v 2001 mk 2 ph2 clio, i bought my car standard and it looked like this (this isnt my actual clio), Also sorry about the size of some of the pictures when they go up there a bit big.

BX52LDD.jpg

Side trims are back wing mirror and tail gate spoiler are sent off... need to be polished up still.
dsc00050oav.jpg

updates will be made...

Last edited by a moderator:
  53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Good luck with it mate, if your going to lower 60 id suggest coilovers or definatley uprated shocks.

Not to keen on the current alloys set of lenso's sounds nice though. :D

Albi blue 197
Good luck with it mate, if your going to lower 60 id suggest coilovers or definatley uprated shocks.

Not to keen on the current alloys set of lenso's sounds nice though. :D

im not to keen on the current alloys either haha i dont actually know what i was thinking, n cheers for the advice on the 60 mil lower:)

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
im not to keen on the current alloys either haha i dont actually know what i was thinking, n cheers for the advice on the 60 mil lower:)

No problem mate as said good luck with it all smart car same as mine just mines black and dynamique. :D

120d M Sport
Dont be silly...put those dynamique alloys back on, they looked far better.

Its a tidy car, doesnt need too much doing to it

Albi blue 197
Dont be silly...put those dynamique alloys back on, they looked far better.

Its a tidy car, doesnt need too much doing to it

did have the alloys when i got it :( was on steels it was a cat c mate n the wheels got sold on (N)

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Unlucky about the alloys fella, and 40's good get some eibach sportlines nice drop and doesent mess up ride comfort. :D Happy days.

Albi blue 197
Ah right no worries then!

Colour coding looks good, should get the rest done, lower it and enjoy

aye it all is getting sorted just taking its time its a bit of a nightmare especially with it bein my daily so... kinda need it

Citroen C2 1.6 VTR
looks smart mate. Looking forward to the updates :) where did you get the colour coding done? Anywhere local?

Albi blue 197
looks smart mate. Looking forward to the updates :) where did you get the colour coding done? Anywhere local?

yea theres a man who works in a body shop (his wife works at my work) but he does a bit of cash in hand stuff i got my side trims, front insert, rear insert, tailgate spoiler, door handles, a whole new bonnet, a new front bumper and the back of my left wing mirror done for 300 pound n then he polishes it all up aswell at end good value for money i thought like and the colour match is spot on! it should be done after the weekend aswell so new pics shall be up!

just fitted them silver indicators and clear with silver lamps on the side aswell looks better than the orange

Albi blue 197
alright finally the colour coding has been done! i recon its starting to looks sweet.. also the indicator side lamps have been made clear and also the front lamps have been changed to the silvered over ones aswell heres some pics... oh n im still in a debate to keep the grill or not hmmm

dsc00075s.jpg

dsc00081iyy.jpg

dsc00076v.jpg

dsc00077b.jpg

dsc00079j.jpg

dsc00080qej.jpg

oh and the back drums are goin black! ha

That's my opinion ^ :rasp:

It really does make it look a lot sportier. I was really impressed when I changed mine over.

Albi blue 197
yea rs it does more look like i just looked at other lads 1.2 with the rs on looks sweet like!

Albi blue 197
Been de wipered now ill get pics up soon was a propa joke to do tho the wiper had seezed ill shot pics up later!

BMW 320ci
As above definately get a RS grille.

If your interested in coilovers were doing a group buy on the V-maxx sets.

BMW 320ci
Im getting the prices through this weekend hopefully. It's going to be about £320, if you want the car lowered coilovers are a must tbh.

Albi blue 197
Im getting the prices through this weekend hopefully. It's going to be about £320, if you want the car lowered coilovers are a must tbh.

dont have that cash at the mo at the moment like(N) youll have to count me out

Albi blue 197
Rite been de wipered and what a pure mess on! the wiper was siezed solid to the bolt connected to the motor ... it just wouldnt come so it had to be cut, but no one had a hack saw handy apart from the man over the road... wouldnt really call it a saw either ...

dsc00113kwb.jpg

THE BEAST OF A SAW!

dsc00112x.jpg

Cake from cafe coz i was pissed of with the saw :)

dsc00119q.jpg

the back plate thing was a bit scratched from the saw etc so i decided to paint it black

sand down and primer:

dsc00109wvx.jpg

didnt need ot go serious sanding lmaoo

dsc00110xjr.jpg

halfords own :)

dsc00111res.jpg

finished

dsc00128avc.jpg

ps sorry few pics were took about half 9ish

Albi blue 197
cheers ! done a lil bodge job to the filter last nite aswell works like... just a cold air feed from behind bumper straight to air filter makes bit of difference i recon not much but does work !

Albi blue 197
painted back drums back black ordered an rs grille last night and just payed for 1*2 towing eye today pics up when alls sorted! oh and wheel nuts going red!