ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2- 5,gt turbo conversion

Clio 1.2 oasis 95
Anyone done this yet?
real interested ,want to know if its possible to go ahead with it!

Clio 1.2 oasis 95
what would you recomend?
im thinkin about droppin the 1.8 16v in there
probably cheaper , but id like the boost

Clio 1.2 oasis 95
yeah, im more persuaded to do that, i just heard of someon droppin the turbo in it and thought it would be pretty cool =]
i need a new engine, the lack of power is gettin on my nerves haha

R5 GTT
Nothing wrong with the c1j out of the r5 gtt cheap to repair and modify they just need to be looked after majority of problems are down to bad fueling people sticking in a bleed valve and turning up the boost without matching the fueling

Last edited:
Issue I would have is the fact that the car you're pulling it out of is a better looker. I'd sell your car and try to find a tidy 5 turbo personally.

s1 williams/106gti
majority of problems are down to bad fueling people sticking in a bleed valve and turning up the boost without matching the fueling
agreed

Issue I would have is the fact that the car you're pulling it out of is a better looker. I'd sell your car and try to find a tidy 5 turbo personally.
even more agreed :rasp:

.............. isnt this thread for actual projects and not silly questions :nono::D:D

Nothing wrong with the c1j out of the r5 gtt cheap to repair and modify they just need to be looked after majority of problems are down to bad fueling people sticking in a bleed valve and turning up the boost without matching the fueling

would argue the fact cheap to repair just one example if the clutch goes and you dont know what your doing its easily £400 sheets
but best bet just but a 5 gtt if you want the boost wouldnt bother converting your car tbh

williams 2 turbo
ive done both coversions, ie willy lump and 5 turbo. would'nt touch the 5 lump again. just go for a 1.8 or 2.0. much less hassle and easier to live with.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
c1j all the way, 180bhp 180lbft are easy to get out of it and thats more than ull get out of a f series without spending big money. piss easy to work on and are very reliable in my eyes do it and go against the grain, ull be wiping the floor with alot of cars.

Skoda Fabia vRS
would argue the fact cheap to repair just one example if the clutch goes and you dont know what your doing its easily £400 sheets
but best bet just but a 5 gtt if you want the boost wouldnt bother converting your car tbh

a £400 clutch change on a F7P/F7R would be a cheap job at most garages !

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive had this conversion done, and although the results were brilliant, i wouldnt do an engine conversion ever again

i spent a lot on the engine before it went in, silicone hoses, chrome bits, balancing, etc etc

sadly i had an accident in it and the car was wrote off, insurance offered me £800!, it took 6 months to sort out, EVERYTHING was declared and they had receipts for everything, finally had to contact the MD before it went to the ombudsman and i got £2100 IIRC, still not enough but after all the stress i accepted it

basically, buy the car with the engine already in it !

a £400 clutch change on a F7P/F7R would be a cheap job at most garages !

Well that's what prima racing quoted me to do it and they are said to be very expensive an a green box clutch only costs £75 it's just labour on top which is the killer