ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8v 1999 - Running V.ruff

Clio 2, 1999
Hello all. Just a quick question about my clio. It's the 1999 1.2 8v D7F engine. On the way home other other day i was stuck in traffic, all was well (no previous problems) and suddenly the gear box seemed a little shakey. Got into 2nd gear and the car shook a bit and the engine cut out.

I managed to drift to the side of the dual carrage way and call the AA. When i start the engine it runns when you rev, but in idle it runs for 30 secs and then cuts out. The AA guy tryed diagonstics but his computer would work. I have no worning lights on (on eng man). When it's running it seems to "tick" badly and i have noticed some white smoke coming from the exhust (when you rev)

The spark plugs are all ok. I have heared of some problems with the igition coil, and the HT leads have not been changed for about 40,000 miles.

Sorry it's a bit long, but do any of you guys have any ideas?

I might nip down the scrappy 2row and try an igition coil on the car.