ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8v, Has the headgasket gone or not? :S

I'm having a slight confusing problem with my Clio.

It's slightly odd. The car runs at normal temperature, doesn't lose coolant and drives perfectly normally (usually) and always starts on the button.

However, the oil filler cap is full of mayonnaise, the heaters blow warm/ but not hot. and the coolant bottle never gets hot.. ever, at maximum it only gets slightly warm.

When cold the car is also a bit lumpy and boppy (exactly the same symptoms as the lambda sensor problem, so unsure whether that problem is related?)

Any suggestions? I'm a bit lost i must be honest.

Thanks

Steve.

Clio's generally idle quite lumpy. Do you go for many short drives? Go for a 30/40 min drive and see if the mayonnaise is still there.

I think you're worrying over nothing as mine has the same, but I drive to college and work (both about 10 min drives) and last time I checked I had mayonnaise too.

But as its not drinking coolant etc, I think it's nothing to be worried about. You'd know if you had a headgasket failure and would have quite a few more problems.