ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Black 2003 16v Help!

Renault Clio 53 1.2
okay want to do some mods but kinda stuck
1) 182 alloys 16", will they fit, will i need spacers?
2) how can i fit clio sport grills top and bottom, can only find a guide for the top one?
3) color code the plastic on my car? help really worried about spray painting it myself.
4) will a 172 sport bumper fit on the back of my car without mods?
thanks oscar, any other visual simple mods would be greatly appreciated,
oh yea 1 more thing
acoustic valve is there one on the 1.2? if not can i get an induction noise without heat soak, but another means?

1) Yes they will fit, my 172 alloys rubbed slightly on the back when on my 1.2 but not much... the width of my tyres where 195, so if your running 205 they might rub a bit.
2) You can fit the upper grill from a sport but not the lower
3) Look in the guides section for a spraying guide, failing that get some competitive quotes from body shops
4) Yes the rear bumper from a 172 is a straight swap

No theres no acoustic valve on the 1.2, well at least there wasnt on my engine... i ran an open cone pipercross filter for a bit of noise, sounded nice with the foot down which always happened because.... well it was a 1.2!

Renault Clio 53 1.2
1) Yes they will fit, my 172 alloys rubbed slightly on the back when on my 1.2 but not much... the width of my tyres where 195, so if your running 205 they might rub a bit.
2) You can fit the upper grill from a sport but not the lower
3) Look in the guides section for a spraying guide, failing that get some competitive quotes from body shops
4) Yes the rear bumper from a 172 is a straight swap

No theres no acoustic valve on the 1.2, well at least there wasnt on my engine... i ran an open cone pipercross filter for a bit of noise, sounded nice with the foot down which always happened because.... well it was a 1.2!
haha great thats cleared up loads of questions thanks
could i fit say 5mm spacers to avoid rubbing

I put 172 alloys on my 1.2 and i had rubbing on the rears, now i think about it it was a fair bit and that was only 195 width tyres, im fairly sure some 182 alloys run 205 width... so some 5mm spacers on the rear would probably work... i only had rubbing on the rears, mainly when going round corners, my rubbing stopped after a while and this was without spacers i only ran mine for a few months before i wanted them off because i was using standard bolts even though the spacers where 5mm, it was only on the shock covers and a flat area on the rear arch (oh and i completely got rid of the rear arch liners).

clio dci
I've just fitted some 182 alloys to my dci, there was rubbing on the rear arch plastic, but only on the passenger side. All i did was stick the inner arch down with tiger seal increasing the clearance and it was fine. Just make sure you adjust the bracket for the abs sensor wire at the front, i didn't and it rubbed through! No problems at the front.