ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Modifications

Hi all

I've just recently bought a Clio 1.2 and I want to make a number of modifications to it. Is there a cheap kit I can buy to make it look like a Clio Williams or a Clio 172 Cup? Also, will I need to buy new wheels for it or can I get some subtle looking hubcaps to replace the existing ones?

I've got a budget of about £300 to start with, but this may rise to £500 potentially. Not loads, I know, but sure I can do something with it?

Z

Mk2 Clio dci
For your budget, i'd lower it, RS grille and colour code. Maybe get the wheels sprayed.
WHat year clio do you have? does it have standard alloys?

S4 Avant
Most on here will tell you not to bother with serious modifications on a 1.2, I'd agree with them really.

Bit of tidying up is good, colour coding, spraying wheels etc...

...having said that, some of the 1*2 replicas on here look bloody fantastic

Golf TDI
i enjoyed spending money on my old 1.2 tbh and when you sell up , if you put it back to standard you can make a fair whack back ...

lmao! i actually laughed and im half asleep.

id try and make ur '02 look like a williams. will look sicko haha

proton compact 1.3 GLi
can u afford modified insurance? if no change it to third party get some money back and spend it on the car ... but i would recomend lowering spring and im sure u can pick up a cheap set on here!

hi

some wheels and look into some lowering springs too, that will help

post a pic of your car when you can and people will be helpful im sure

(im not sure why im being nice, maybe zoe has summit to do with it)

Turbos.
Like the ideal of making a PH2 Clio look like a Wililams, pmsl!

I'd go with with some interior neons and some halfords hub caps personally....

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I wouldn't bother spending a penny on it to be honest with you. If you modify it you will have to declare it to the insurance company which is usually £££.

Save the money, at the moment it's better in your pocket than spent on modifications.

197cup
Totally agree - if insurance is an issue dont bother modifying it. Just make do for a year or so till you can get something better.

A ANIMAL
Roffle - i can see this thread being fun....

I wouldn't bother on a 1.2. Clios in standard form are not bad looking so i'd just leave it.

Static Low
I think its worth it. Especially if you arent planning on getting another car for a couple of years. But you cant be spending ridiculous money.

Ive decided to sell up after FCS !

Clio
£300-£500 isnt really alot for modifying a 1.2. but with your budget i would go for some real simple mods. silvertecs, RS grill, Colour coding. all of which will make the car look so much better, especially the colour coding.

Then when you have more money, get lowering springs (or coil overs), nice set of alloys, RS rear bumper, new exhaust, side skirts.

A

andyjm28

deffo lower it! they come out the factory way too high...
60mm all round, some 15/16" alloys, tints, colour coding. job done.
I got mine lowered for £110 :)

Ok. Ignoring the crazy responses LOL I am looking at getting a set of Gold Clio Williams alloys to start with, but I have no idea where to get them?

I've looked on eBay and no luck.

Anyone know of any places I can get them from? Will they look ok on my red clio?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Just leave the williams idea alone.
Get some dyno/1*2 alloys for it if you want but stay away from the willy idea.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Its not worth spending that much on it. I never modded my 1.4, saved up some money instead, and had a good time with the rest and got my 172 now insurance is lower for me. Best thing I've done.

If you're going to do it, I'd do small things like ALEX-CLIO suggested. Sivervisions, grill colour coding and if you want, lower it. And if you decided to get wheels, try finding some on ebay etc and get them cheap.

Any mods you make to your car you should tell the insurance. Otherwise you've changed the car and insurance is void. I doubt they'd notice colour coding or a new grill.

I'd love a 172 eventually but the insurance is too much cos I've got 9 points at the moment. Maybe when they come off in a couple of years I'll get one. Happy with my little 1.2 for now, just want to make it a bit more exciting !

S4 Avant
I'd love a 172 eventually but the insurance is too much cos I've got 9 points at the moment. Maybe when they come off in a couple of years I'll get one. Happy with my little 1.2 for now, just want to make it a bit more exciting !

How the hell do you get 9 points in a 1.0 Micra?!

Very easy Dave. 37 MPH in a 30 zone. Then 52 in a 40 - oops! Then got done on the motorway, roadworks, doing 59 in a 50 zone. All in the space of 6 months LOL