ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Modifications

Shdhdhd
sure this person aint takin the P becuase they know how ppl respond to posts like ..turn my 1.2 into a 172 williams v6..

rps13
haha well this joke backfired on me didn't it.

I just said you're not my type, and clearly not because you have sass!

Zoe, do you have a pic of your how your car looks at the moment ??

You can upload the pictures from a photobucket account or the like :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
my £500 modifying on a 1.2 ended up csiting about £14k lol...........

Dont Do it, I should be a very smug 21 year old on a Boxster or M3 Forum now, But Cause i wasted my coins on my 1.2, I've only got a £5k Clio!!

mk4 golf gttdi180
£300-£500 isnt really alot for modifying a 1.2. but with your budget i would go for some real simple mods. silvertecs, RS grill, Colour coding. all of which will make the car look so much better, especially the colour coding.

Then when you have more money, get lowering springs (or coil overs), nice set of alloys, RS rear bumper, new exhaust, side skirts.
500 i got lowered exhaust rs grille and wheels

my lowereing was spax rsx coileys second hand 20.00
exhaust was k tec decat cat back system second hand 110.00
rs grille second hand 25.00
wheels were turinis and 300second hand

on 500 you can mod a 1.2 very easy i no you wont get coiles for 20.00 or springs but i got very very lucky. you an get springs like 60mm for about 60.00 - 100 .
its worth moding you lio as ist something you going to own for time and enjoy.
i dont own my cars longer than 6 months and still mod them alot

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Your allowed to spend money on a 1.2. People on here think its a crime though.

I've spent a load on my clio, its a mk1 1.2.

If i was you, i would do the following:

Depending on the colour, you can colour code the trim.
Lower it 40mm maybe?
Search for some bargain clio 172 alloys & Tyres (or anything that looks good and affordable)
tinted windows also depending on the colour
Debadge the rear
Paint Renault Diamonds a different colour instead of the sh*t chrome
Paint calipers (silvers the best :D)

And theres a great car you have. Just make sure you try and find the bargains (i.e. on this forum, ebay and so on).

Good luck with it, and if you want some 17's let me know :D

Cheers

Your allowed to spend money on a 1.2. People on here think its a crime though.

I've spent a load on my clio, its a mk1 1.2.

If i was you, i would do the following:

Depending on the colour, you can colour code the trim.
Lower it 40mm maybe?
Search for some bargain clio 172 alloys & Tyres (or anything that looks good and affordable)
tinted windows also depending on the colour
Debadge the rear
Paint Renault Diamonds a different colour instead of the sh*t chrome
Paint calipers (silvers the best :D)

And theres a great car you have. Just make sure you try and find the bargains (i.e. on this forum, ebay and so on).

Good luck with it, and if you want some 17's let me know :D

Cheers

Everything there plus silvertecs and RS grill. Job done.

Renaultsport 200
Points for speeding dont effect the insurance that much.

Its only if you have had a smash, or been drink driving and such like that your premiums go sky high.

Personally I don't see the point in modding a 1.2. I was reading a thread on here before and some people have roll cages in, made them look like 172s and 182s, coilovers, lowered. They must have spent fortunes, all money that could have gone towards a real RS.

Ill never understand it.

alien green rs133
It's a 2002 Authentique.

Cheap first Clio, I can't afford the insurance on anything else because I got points!

so is mine

18189064a8939222048o.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2
considering she doesnt know what car she actually owns you sure shes going to know what lowering is, or colours coding. god help me

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Points for speeding dont effect the insurance that much.

Its only if you have had a smash, or been drink driving and such like that your premiums go sky high.

Personally I don't see the point in modding a 1.2. I was reading a thread on here before and some people have roll cages in, made them look like 172s and 182s, coilovers, lowered. They must have spent fortunes, all money that could have gone towards a real RS.

Ill never understand it.

When I was 18, my policy was an extra £150 because of 3 speeding point. And even this year it was an extra £30 I think. Adds up over 5 years, dread to think how much extra it would be because of 9 points.

I wouldn't bother modding Zoe, with 9 points atm, I'd invest in one of those camera finding things or a sat nav with known speed camera locations.

MCS R56
Sounds like you should think about walking more, as you can't get points that way. Leave the car alone and save the money for something worthwhile, like the bus or train.

As for modding your car, you will need to declare this to your insurance company (whether you have paid for a full year's insurance or not) and you may be surprised by the premium. Hopefully, you will then learn that modding your car will be a waste of time and money. There's nothing wrong with what you've got.

Renaultsport 200
All that money for the RS could then be saved up for a Veyron...and then a Jet....and then the world! :rolleyes:

I was being realistic, not pedantic.

Modding lightly i can understand but going all out to make a 1.2 identical to a 1*2 is something I don't get. All the cash spent on mods probably would pay for insurance on a real one.

Im not calling peoples cars here, infact some of the mod's done are far superior to any chavtastic effort. They are tasteful, within keeping and in some cases very skillfull.

For a Veryon and Jet I assume you would have to save for approx 40 years to afford a tyre.

Clio
why not make a 1.2 look like a 1*2, im modding my 1.2 to look like a 1*2, its not that i cant afford a 1*2, although the insurance would be a bit of a stretch. but i prefer the look of a 1*2 over the 1.2.
If i wanted a fast car i wouldnt get a 1*2, however i like the look of them.
Its possible to make a 1.2 look like a 1*2 for under a grand. i would not call a grand alot of money, especailly if you enjoy the car for a few years. modding, driving.

At the end of the day zoe wants to mod her car, and why not? stop causing friction and give advice on modding, like the thread title suggests!

Last edited:
  alien green rs133
why not make a 1.2 look like a 1*2, im modding my 1.2 to look like a 1*2, its not that i cant afford a 1*2, although the insurance would be a bit of a stretch. but i prefer the look of a 1*2 over the 1.2.
If i wanted a fast car i wouldnt get a 1*2, however i like the look of them.
Its possible to make a 1.2 look like a 1*2 for under a grand. i would call a grand alot of money, especailly if you enjoy the car for a few years. modding, driving.

At the end of the day zoe wants to mod her car, and why not? stop causing friction and give advice on modding, like the thread title suggests!

thats what i have done to mine, check pic already posted

just get bumpers wings and skirts and make it look better

White clique
Cringe at some of the piss takes and needy unhelpful and unwelcoming advice, just give her some decent advice everyone and stop showing off!

My advice is the gold wheels may not look great, i'd get a set of second hand alloys on ebay or something, that will lift the appearance of the whole car. You could lower it too if you have enough left over.

RB 197 fatty
if you want to spend your money on your car, you do it girl.

I did. didnt go mad. I was 18, had just crashed and written off a brand new clio 1.2 three weeks after it came out the factory. After the hefty insurance payout to mr renault finance for £9000, i got another new one. but also a new insurance prenium. A big one.

I wanted a 182 but wouldnt even be able to insure it with all the money in the world. so i set out to make mine look a bit like one, taking my fav bits, the twin exhausts and the wheels. wacked them on, lowered it. bit of colour coding on the badges. and i was happy. prob spent about £700 tops!

Gotta say i dont regret it one little bit. love the little thing. hung on tooit for over 3 years untill it was payed off.............

............last month. so now im 22, bit more money, better looking insurance, and a payed for 1.2 to chop in against a deposit for a new car

.... Next week, i pick up my new 197.

Do it. but just think about it a bit. I have no regrets whatsoever..... apart from maybe ditching a brand new 55plate car with 500 miles on the clock!!

We live and learn.

and thats my story about my vehicle history. thankyou for you time.

Normy

oh and here is my old clio... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218205

Last edited:
  320d
Another 1.2 modding can of worms.

I personally haven't modded mine because I want to save up for a 172.

Plenty have modded non RS's and they have looked even better than RS's tbh i.e. f0xy's MK2, Bloors Mk2, Brembo's MK2, Biohazards Mk3........

Basically if you do it right then you will have as much satisfaction as owning an RS clio.

Personal preferance realy, although if it wasn't for insurance (directline no mods under 25) I would have a few mods i.e. lowered, better alloys etc.

MCS R56
Cringe at some of the piss takes and needy unhelpful and unwelcoming advice, just give her some decent advice everyone and stop showing off!

My advice is the gold wheels may not look great, i'd get a set of second hand alloys on ebay or something, that will lift the appearance of the whole car. You could lower it too if you have enough left over.

The decent advice is not too mod it. Especially when one has 9 points and is all geared up to lose the privilege of driving.