ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 project. (pic heavy)

renault clio 1.2 16V
so i bought my clio in February and finally decided to modify it. it was an ebay buy for £600 so as you could imagine there was a few things wrong with most of which were cosmetic dents scratches etc. the only mechanical thing wrong with it was that the rear drums and shoes had gone but for £600 i had no complaints.
so here it is the day i bought it:
thedayigotit.jpg

i tidied up the headlights as the lacquer had peeled off (i think) so i polished them up and you can see the difference between the two left before and the right after.
i was convinced to go down the more expensive route of buying some coilovers to get extra lows ;):
coilovers.jpg

and here they are fitted:
coiloversfitted.jpg

(dont worry the locking rings are securely in place together now)
here is the end product rings wound all the way down:
554354_335492673185721_1014542661_n.jpg

i got bored so i stickerbomed the badge (probably going to get rid and paint the badges instead):
554354_335492679852387_550544979_n.jpg

i have also fitted a clio sport spoiler, before:
stockspoiler.jpg

after:
sportspoiler.jpg
sorry for the bad quality i have no camera :(
Thats all i have for you at the moment i will have some pictures uploaded at the weekend when the clio sport interior and alloys arrive.

Future plans include:
  • colour coding side strips and bullets.
  • clio sport rear bumper
  • maybe an audio install
  • clear indicators
  • have an xenon kit to fit.
  • colour coding/ carbon wrapping parts of the interior.

all criticism is welcome. thank you.:approve:

Arctic Blue FF 182
Could be good however I would probably paint the badge, but depends what else you do. (I will stand corrected but that's not a sport spoiler, is just off a higher spec like a dynamique etc?)

renault clio 1.2 16V
phew haha

i think will colour code it first as it transforms the car and paint the spoiler the same colour as the car.

PH1 1.2s
looks promising! good luck :) from experience id say your main asset is alloys, mine looked 10 times better when i got some 172 alloys on it

Ged

PD130 Peach
some nice tastefull wheels, and a colour code will brighten the whole thing up nicely :)

Spoiler will be off a 172, but its not what everyone looks for, eg CUP spoiler... But a massive difference over standard anywho :)

renault clio 1.2 16V
some nice tastefull wheels, and a colour code will brighten the whole thing up nicely :)

Spoiler will be off a 172, but its not what everyone looks for, eg CUP spoiler... But a massive difference over standard anywho :)

im in the process of colour coding the side strips and bump strips.

im not sure what colour to paint the wheels when they arrive as i dont want to keep them silver. any suggestions?

renault clio 1.2 16V
just a little update started to fit my xenon kit (which was a right bugger to fit) heres a picture so you can see what i mean:
556521_340703072664681_235961121_n.jpg

its all fitted now will get a picture of them when they are set up correctly.

Also fitted the clio sport interior which wasn't too bad tbh just 4 bolts and it was all out, it went from this...:
543299_340473972687591_623610262_n.jpg

to this:

224976_341121599289495_1166848856_n.jpg

sorry about the grainy photos its the best i can do until i get my camera back from my sister

renault clio 1.2 16V
This is great mate! Good choice on the interior! should be a gooden when it's done!

cheers mate! :) nearly finished now just a few minor things and then its done, just got to wait for the wheels and spacers and itll look a million times better

renault clio 1.2 16V
just a tiny update my wheels FINALLY arrived, will post pictures up soon as possible got some plans for the wheels which wont be to everyones taste.. watch this space

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I have my own clio that im slowly doing things too, too slow to post up a thread lol! Also the things im doing ill just get trolled for! lol! Good luck mate, keeping it simple pleases the masses but its your car and your style should be put into it! give it some character :)

renault clio 1.2 16V
I have my own clio that im slowly doing things too, too slow to post up a thread lol! Also the things im doing ill just get trolled for! lol! Good luck mate, keeping it simple pleases the masses but its your car and your style should be put into it! give it some character :)

what you doing to your car then ? at first i wanted to go subtle but its got boring and i want to stand out from the crowd so the wheels are either going to be focus rs orange or focus rs green, im undecided as of yet but come next friday i need to make a decision lol. get some pictures of your car up? want to see it