ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 running on 3 cylinders??

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Long story short I manage to come round a corner on way to work this morning and hit a flood.

It is now running on 3 and I've had airbox off and a bit of water managed to get sucked into engine as throttle body was wet with water.

The dipstick and oil cap have no residue of water expanding in the chamber and forcing head gasket to be blown.

I've been told to take out spark plugs and turn engine over and see if I can push the water out of the bore.

Then if no luck still try a compression test on each cylinder to see if water got pass the rings.

So apart from stating the above is their anything else I can try?

Also has anyone got the compression figures for a 1.2 Clio 8v D7 engine?

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Been outside tonight and checked all 4 spark plugs and all have a spark. Also turned engine over with spark plug out of each cylinder 1 at a time to see if any excess water came out.

After all that decided to fire her up and she started and runs a lot smoother now and how she used too before (apart from a blow in exhaust now)

Fingers crossed and touch wood I've been extremely lucky