ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 16v throttle body problem

Hi guys, you have helped me solve many problems I have had whilst owning my Clio so was wondering if could give me a suggestion with this one
Recently my Clio has has starting issues and when ideling the revs would be really low and the engine would cut out due to this from looking on other threads many people suggested it was the throttle body that needs to be cleaned so I have removed and cleaned this and now on refitting the throttle body the revs at idle are much too high and bounces up and down. To me this suggest a new throttle body is required does this sound right to you or is there something I am missing that you could suggest before buying a new one

PS some addition info the engine is a k4j type and it has a motorised throttle body I have also cleaned the tdc sensor with no improvement

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Andy

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
You might need to reset the programmed values or adaptions. Supposedly you need to use diagnostic equipment for this, disconnect the battery for at least 10 mins (lets the ecu get rid of all of its memory for and saved adaptions).

Try that might work, when i disconnect my clio with an electric throttle it idles like a f£$ker for a few mins then sorts itself.

Yeah I had heard that I'd was possible to reset the ECU without diagnostics did try it quickly today and then ran engine for 5 mins but was still idleing rough maybe needs a quick drive to learn new values will give it a try tomorrow