ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.4 16v

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
hello everyone, i have owned a clio 1.4 16v for a bout a year and a half its all nice apart from a warning light on the right bottom corner which looks like a engine light only happened last night maybe to do with a sensor or something and i would like people to give any ideas about what to do next for example lowering it? and i have tried to put the arches in but it still rubs the arch when I fit 4-5 People in the car.. but anyway here is how the car was before and how it is atm.

Before
30082008156.jpg

After
6408_242204470332_651455332_8090863.jpg

thanks alperin

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
love the colour of the car but not a fan of the red :( should of left the rear lights alone would of gone with the red

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Agreed, you ruined that.

Could be a really nice car, the base colour is real nice.

But WTF were you thinking.

hmm thanks for the replies i know i shoulda kept it original bumpers but reds my favourite colour and anybody recons 60mm lowered would suit it? and isit okay using springs or would be worth spendin more money on the udjustable lowerin ones.. alperin

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i was just being polite lol go and purches some new trims bud, colour code the door handles just leave the bumper and door trims the normal black/grey texture lower it on some nice Different wheels and when i say different i dont mean traul through halfrauds/motorworlds catalouge i mean look on rimstyle some where that has some really classy wheels or even get some turini's

thanks for the ideas mate but i wanted to just get simple tuning and maybe if i do more red bits it may colour match because i really want red and grey im thinking red mirrors and renault badges and few other bits but im more worreid about lowering the car what mm would suit it and what i could do to stop the arches rubbing the tyres. thanks alperin

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i gasped at your idea (im a cleaned fan btw) were does it rub and what size are your alloys and tyres?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
thanks for the ideas mate but i wanted to just get simple tuning and maybe if i do more red bits it may colour match because i really want red and grey im thinking red mirrors and renault badges and few other bits but im more worreid about lowering the car what mm would suit it and what i could do to stop the arches rubbing the tyres. thanks alperin

It's rubbing because by the looks of it your wheels are the wrong offset? they shouldn't sit like that (without spacers) you want the wheels to be about 5mm sunk into the arches to avoid rubbing when lowering. Mines lowered 60mm on standard shocks, and it's OK, rides not great, and not sure how long the shocks will last, but it could be alot worse.

Oh and I'd seriously consider putting any more red on it, the two colours dont go at all imho.

hmm thanks for the information mate means ill have to get different brand tyres these ones are dunlop sport have very nice grip on them but they sit very wide...

i gasped at your idea (im a cleaned fan btw) were does it rub and what size are your alloys and tyres?

lol :) erm its size 16 alloys but they have very wide tyres i recon if i replace the tyres to a different brand it should solve it?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nooooo noooooo!

its not just your tyres bud, its the actual alloys them self, they need to be either slimmer (so if they are 8"wide now go to 7") and also "the offset" needs to be either smaller or bigger.

eg.
A smaller offset will make the wheels stickout.

A bigger offset will make the wheels go deeper into the arch (not really what you want)

You want something that is about 7" wide with an offset(et) of 28 or there abouts. This is what i have an my cars Low

hmm i get what your saying soo that means i would have to get new alloys right? i have all 4 of the alloys posted in my first picture but they are quite darmaged... apart from halfrauds is there anywere else that does them for decent price? thanks.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Become a full member and take a look in the for sale section, or post a wanted add! :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
hmm i get what your saying soo that means i would have to get new alloys right? i have all 4 of the alloys posted in my first picture but they are quite darmaged... apart from halfrauds is there anywere else that does them for decent price? thanks.

www.rimstyle.co.uk they are reasonably priced, price inc tyres, locking wheel nuts, spiggot rigs and balancing. cant go wrong

okay ill be come a member next week just gotta spend money on my bike project first . thanks

www.rimstyle.co.uk they are reasonably priced, price inc tyres, locking wheel nuts, spiggot rigs and balancing. cant go wrong

thanks for the help mate, the prices are fair and nice mate but i recon if i sell the wheels as they are and not bother with refurbishing them and just buy a nother set of wheels as refurbishing wheels range from 80-100 pounds each wheel.... thanks.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
your car would be perfect with.... No Red what so ever on the body, Fk or Vmaxx Coilovers, and either (f**k you chris) Rota GT3's (with red centres as you like red) or turini's in gunmetal grey. wheels would have to be 15's tho imo

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Not really my cuppa and probs not many people on here. But whatever makes you happy though. All i'd say is try make it how it looked in the first place. Some black wheels with a red line, red badges, red front calipers. Try keep it looking smart

Yea ok what about the clio sport wheels in 16's?

Lowered about 60mm on springs with spacers on the back wheels?

I want a diffrent wider look on the back thats why i want spacers on the back...i will get spacers for the front aswell but not as big as the back ones.

But i recon it will sit perfect with the 16 clio sport wheels droped 60 back 80 front

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
dont like whoring my car bud heres an example:

the wheels are 15" x 7" et28 with 195/45/15 tyres. i also have 10mm spacers(each side) and a tad bit of negative camber due to the fact i have 1mm clearance from the lip of the arch to my tyre without camber. Also the cars the lowest it will go on the back and the front is ruffly 80mm.

IMG_7874.jpg

TT 225
hmm thanks for the information mate means ill have to get different brand tyres these ones are dunlop sport have very nice grip on them but they sit very wide...

get a narrower tyre then, like 195 instead of 205, dunlops sp1's are good though i agree with this.

Porsche Boxster987S
lovely. Have you thought about something like the mohave bodykit? tis mint!

B

bigrich690

When i saw this i just knew there would be lots of hate coments, but i will say its not really what i would have done and i would take a few tips off these ppl, was nice to see your slowly getting your head screwed on when you mensioned the 16" sport wheels, you should do that lower it about 60mmish all round but please reconsider taking that red off, if you want red, why didn't you buy a red car? just do red mirrors, dimonds and bullets maybe get some red lego and stick 'em to your dist caps lol (joke) anyway, you got guts with this thread sooooo I silute you! ;)

its all nice apart from a warning light on the right bottom corner which looks like a engine light only happened last night maybe to do with a sensor or something

That's the Chav warning light, for when the car detects it's been ruined with crappy wheels and paint.