ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 Sport X Reg - Need Advice

I'm looking to buy a 1.4 sport Xreg 2000. Just needed some advice on what too look for, anything that could have or is going to go wrong with it? Also the one i found is at 80000 miles is this too high - what sort of mileage do they get too and also service intervals!??

Also any feedback on what they drive like etc.!?

I'm completely clueless about clios so any advice will be much appreciated. CHEERS!!!! Mitch.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i had one for my first car, fantastic motor, well specced, and handle well. Make sure its got a decent service history etc, also check for snapped bits in the interior as its not exactly an audi on the inside, my fan grates came off for example.

As usual just use ur head, and good luck, theyre nippy little motors.

visualize whirled pe
I'm looking to buy a 1.4 sport Xreg 2000. Just needed some advice on what too look for, anything that could have or is going to go wrong with it? Also the one i found is at 80000 miles is this too high - what sort of mileage do they get too and also service intervals!??

Also any feedback on what they drive like etc.!?

I'm completely clueless about clios so any advice will be much appreciated. CHEERS!!!! Mitch.

Check the service history. The major service that should have been done is the cam-belt at 72,000 miles. If this has been done then you've saved yourself a fair bit of money if not it could go, major gamble. Always choose a car with a full service history over one with less miles that hasn't been near a mechanic since new!!!

Check the windows operate smoothly if electric and all the other bits work, does it have air con? If so does it get cold, regassing is an extra expense.

12,000 I think is the service intervals, though someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I get the oil and filters changed at least every 8,000 on mine though.

usual stuff really.

You should HPi if it is a private sale.

Does it drive and brake straight?

Have a look at the tyres, what is the condition like, are they worn unevenly, if they are but the car drives straight there could be some ware to the suspension or it is not aligned properly or owner is crap at maintenance and dosent check tyre pressures.

Check the levels, is the owner looking after the car in-between services.

clio 1.4 sport
How much you paying for that? i have one for my first car really good can be a bit bumpy at times but its all fun :D

Lots of Alfas
Its a good model to go for, good all rounder for insurance, performance, equipment etc. Try pm'ing saner he had one.