ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1,4rt induction kit speciale! :)

right- correct me if im wrong- but have u jst removed the air box and stuck on the tinmans (From alice and wonderland) missing part ;)

have there been any noticeable gains out of it? cos i drilled by airbox and it felt a bit nippier and sounded nippier, but the filter is still there on mine, is there a filter on yours?

i havent recived my airfiltre wich is an sparco induction... it will slip on in a couple of days.. The thing is that the 1,4 engine has it´s filtre over the eggine and the hot air rises and the engine sucks it in, my new box removes the induction filtre from the top of the engine and places it near the battery and a hose with fresh cold air is also mounted there.

i hope ur not driving it then? cos surely without a filter, all the crap and stuff in the air is just gonna get sucked into ur engine unfiltered and mess it up?

that bit wasnt there when i replied- sounds like a good idea, so its getting more cold air?

hope it works cos it sounds like a fair bit of effort

greg

hehe did you get some nice sound with that solution? ive got a replace element now (pipercross) and it dosent sound any different at all.

i did do but, it kept gettin in the way of things in the engine and wheels, so i removed it, but it drives fine!

ive felt an improvement in acceleration and it does sound a lot beefier!

good idea imho if u dont want to spend a silly amount of money on a decent induction kit!

greg

I drilled hole in my air box, dunno if i did it right but i drilled about 6 12mm holes around the edge, and it dont sound any different

lol, my mate did that- my face was like :eek: when i saw the size of the drill bit he was gonna use!

yea, it sounds really beefy now. lunner, drill some more holeS!!!

Nice idea couldnt u av made the arm a bit longer and make it go down nearer the fog lights under where the battery is to get maximum cold air into it?

well... a friend of my said that i shouldent do that... coz the risk of power losses(because of a to long pipe)... but maybe e´s wrong... if you lok better you´ll se a hose that goes to the filtre, it´s the cold and fresh air hose.. :) And ive sealed of the filtre from the engine so that no warm air get sucked in.

i jus got a K&N stuck on the top wit a bonnet vent write above it so tons of cold air goin in

might make some sort of shield around it

well i ´m sure that your solution works quite well... but iv´e got no air vent on my bonnet... and i´m a pretty good welder so i took the tig welder, and made my own little thing :)

and i like the idea jus it looks like its directly over the engine and would think makin the arm long near the front bumper would make it even more effective and u bein a welder would take u bout 5 mins