ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5 dCi from Good Old Germany

Clio 182 Racing Blue
Hey Folks,

my name is René, i'm 23 and from Kulmbach Germany. It's a town with 30.000 inhabitants famous for its beer, which is selled all over the world. :cool:

My Clio history started right with my first car. It was a '03 dCi with wicked 65 BHP.

p1020502naj2q.jpg

After that little rocket, I came across this little boy, a '03 dCi with 82 BHP.

p1030859jzyav.jpg

After that it was time for something a bit more powerful, so I decided to get a Honda Civic '92 EH9 with 125 BHP and VTEC Engine.
It was really a breeze to drive this light and agile car. Still miss it sometimes.

img_0226x7lba.jpg

After a accident (not my fault) and total damage of the car, I decided to go for the just heart-warming Clio B again.

This time it's a dCi Phase 3 with 101 BHP.

It's a Dynamique with Luxe package and equipped with all the comfort stuff, like light/rain sensor, auto climate control etc.

Here's a pick right after i picked it up in december '11

2jhiol.jpg

First I gave it a clean on the inside. Don't worry, few days after it I replaced the pretty used shift knob.

dscf0096qhzyr.jpg

dscf0101m0yjt.jpg

Then it was time for some optic changes:

First of all I bought from Supersport the Black Evolution Coilovers to lower this thing. I also bought some used Elia RS-R 7,5x17 wheels from a member of the german Cliowelt-forum.
I've put on some new Toyo Proxes T1-R in 205/40R17 and the cornering performance was well for 17's on a Clio and the midrange coilovers.

dscf0210ubctk.jpg

dscf0213l5fxu.jpg

Then I wanted something more colorful on my ride. Went to my painter :)

p1050511czoz8.jpg

In the following winter I had my car remaped at Wetterauer Tuning to around 15-18 BHP extra power. Since 40.000km I've had no problems with it and it really runs a lot better with the remap.
I also changed the color and added some stickers matching the new color :p

img_0874vgsi1.jpg

dscf06752ls6w.jpg

dscf0681m7sl2.jpg

And in this summer I changed the color again, since my painter offers me such good prices I couldn't resist. I also lowered the Coilover to it's maximum without the tyres scraping anything.
Tyres were also replaced against Nankang NS-2 185/35r17, so it is a good stretch on a 7,5 inch rim.

dsc_0503eakgt.jpg

dsc_0504xvj61.jpg

dsc_0526g5kp4.jpg

dsc_05291tk3y.jpg

dsc_0541wgkzi.jpg

dsc_0505v0jgh.jpg

dsc_0782t7kk6.jpg

dsc_0788tvjtw.jpg

Friend of mine driving and I'm the camera man

4kjkbv6b.jpg

Good Old Bavaria <3

dsc_1595ufszp.jpg

dsc_1650lbj14.jpg

Hope you like my little racer, but now you might wonder why my nickname is RS-Driver. Becaaaaaaause in a time not far away (couple of weeks) I can call myself a owner of a racing blue Phase 3 RS :)
Less then 10 racing blue Clios are registered in Germany, so it's a rare color in my country.

I will keep it clean like this one, but from a driving point of view there will be a few big changes. Like K-TEC 750 Motor Club Spec Coilovers, racing bars, steel-braided brake lines, ate super blue, Federal RS-R 595, OZ Ultraleggera and so on.

Hope you could leave a little feedback, because it's soon my wintercar with OEM 15' Alium wheels, of course in the same color as the 17' :)

Cheers Mates!

Clio 182 Racing Blue
Thank you :) You mean the blue or the turquoise? I like turquoise the most of all the colors I painted.

No I'll keep it, because it's such a reliable car, I have enough performance in winter, it's a pretty safe car when you compare it to other winter rides.
And it is really well equipped with extras. So I run the RS in summer and with the dCi I go for low full consumption and cheap running costs.

Clio 182 Racing Blue
I wont buy any aftermarket part for this ride anymore, cause in the next 2 weeks i'll get my RS. But if I would keep the 17' wheels and the car for sommer I would definately buy spacers. Maybe I buy spacers for the 15' alium wheels for winter. :)

Hey :) Are you a German or an Englishman living in Germany? :p