ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 16v K4M Sparks and Coils

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Anyone care to recommend plugs and coils for the k4m?

Looking on the bay, OEM sparks are ~£25, Bosch Super 4 £19 and stock NGK, Bosch or Denso are about £14...

Coils wise, there are some real cheap ones for £5-10 or Valeo for £17 each...

Alternatively, if anyone gas some decent ones going spare, please get in touch .

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Renault wanted £6.80+VAT each.

What is the NGK part number for OE?

I have read in another thread that the 172 spark plugs are recommended for use with a CAT on the 172 - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?464437-Best-spark-plugs . I have some used 172 plugs in the cupboard, so will clean and gap them and see if it's any smoother. TBH, I think that the problem was UCH related (SERV light came on), as it seems loads better on the V5.2 UCH compared to the V5.5. Oddness.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Only ever use ngk euro they are £3.50 each inc vat for the 1.6 16v.

Would only use a valeo or bosh coil.

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Got some NGKs from GSF, they were very cheap but fine for fault finding. I did notice that 2 of the coil retaining bolts aren't tightening up properly, so I'll have to look in to heli-coiling them.

The coils that I removed were more than likely the originals. I see that there are grey tops and green tops on eBay, so will look in to that.

The plugs that came out were win good condition and were Bosch Super.