ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.8 16v- reliability?

Fiesta SI :-D
Hellooo- I'm new to the forum so I hope I've posted in the right section..

Currently driving a Fiesta SI and looking at getting a 16v clio- just looking for some opinions on how reliable they are... I've heard the stereotypical "french car" poo- but just wanted some views from people that know - or own one- what they have been like for you...

Thanks everyone

Sam

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I think like every other car there are good ones and bad ones but if you really look after it then it'll be ok imo.

Welcome to the site btw

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol...this topic again....its ok you weren't to know

as said above yes there are good ones and bad ones....you really wanna have a good look around before purchasing one as you will soon see what is good and bad......in general if you get a good one that has been well looked after then you should be ok

i will not lie they are not cheap to run in general but that is overtaken by the fun factor and the looks you get.......find a good one and keep it serviced and looked after well and you should be ok

hope that helps..neil

Vee dub
Yeah as said, they arent cheap to run at all, servicing every 6k, but they are so much fun.... not great on fuel but depends how you drive.

Electrics and rust can be an issue on alot of them, but thats not too expensive to sort out.

Take you time finding one.... you'll know when you find a minter.

In the meantime.. here's a teaser to get you interested ;)

w15mwk.gif

RenaultSport clio
I used to have a fezza si. rusted to bits underneath lol! Got a clio 1.4 now but I think thats just died on me this morning, might repair it. was hoping to save for a valver or 306 xsi, will have to wait now.

Handling on the clios is much more lively than the fiesta, more agile and a less front-end led. watch out for tightening corners though, I leant the hard way in my first clio (before the fiesta!)

J

jamesy

like all cars theres good and bad ones touch wood i hav'nt had much bother with mine just get a well looked after one with fsh low milege m or n reg your never look back far better than all that ford nonsence;)

They are great cars - but not cheap to run as said.

Always said "RIGHT THATS IT ENOUGH!" after spending money on it, but then I drive it again and I never want to sell it :)

Obviously petrol wise there will be a difference from the 1.6 SI- would anyone be able to put it into perspective for me...at the moment I travel around 20 miles a day- spending about £100 a month on petrol...

Ok thanks guys really helpful- the SI is up for sale now and I'm expecting around £800 for that- Ill have about £1200 to spend- and then add a bit more probably! Now I just need to find a good one...

270 from a tank, costs about £46/47 to fill up on BP Ultimate - altho getting higher now :(

28mpg average.